Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E30 M3 with delivery miles only.

• 16-03-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Original thread here some of the BM lads will be familiar with that site. I discovered it here. I hope it hasn't been already posted :o.

Just look:

m3rs200145.jpg
    m3rs200136.jpg
    There's some other gems in that garage too:

carsm3andcossy040.jpg
    And:
    carsm3andcossy039.jpg
    Apparently there all still mint.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Great to see but an awful waste at the same time. Just think , it would destroy that cars value by driving it :confused: .....thats just not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I wonder if a dodgy dealer could resist clocking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Great to see but an awful waste at the same time. Just think , it would destroy that cars value by driving it :confused: .....thats just not right.

I'd say they are already destroyed by not being driven at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

always wondered about that..
    could it really be good at all for the engine for all those years without oil running around the engine or coolant?

surely all the rubber would be destroyed and other parts of the car simply corroded?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Awful pitty to see them just go to waste in a garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Saab Ed wrote: »

+1

It's even worse. It would probably destroy the car itself by driving it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The lads reckon it's worth 80 or 90k??

Surely not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

If you were to drive them cars now I bet all the engine seals would have to be replaced, makes sense really if the rubber has been left dry all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Onkle wrote: »
    The lads reckon it's worth 80 or 90k??
    Surely not

Personally, I would deem that crazy money but I imagine that someone who fancies throwing it into their own garage to collect dust, and who has lots of spare cash, may be willing to pay that price. Low mileage is great of course but if a car isn't being used, then I don't see the logic in it. However, I collect old vinyl records and don't play them so I guess each to their own! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Seems they werent run for 20 years. Sad really. This guy isnt feeling affect of recession obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Personally, I would deem that crazy money but I imagine that someone who fancies throwing it into their own garage to collect dust, and who has lots of spare cash, may be willing to pay that price. Low mileage is great of course but if a car isn't being used, then I don't see the logic in it. However, I collect old vinyl records and don't play them so I guess each to their own! :D

Even if I won the Euromillions I wouldn't spend that much on an unusable car.

Bananas if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nice find.

Saddening me though seeing them in a worse state than if they had been running every now and then. They'll require huge work to be properly sorted.

Would literally sell an organ for that 190 Evo though:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Onkle wrote: »
    Even if I won the Euromillions I wouldn't spend that much on an unusable car.

Bananas if you ask me

Surely if you gave the engine a serious service and replaced seals etc. Maybe it would need a strip down but surely it would still be perfectly usable!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

EPM wrote: »
    Nice find.

Saddening me though seeing them in a worse state than if they had been running every now and then. They'll require huge work to be properly sorted.

Would literally sell an organ for that 190 Evo though:pac:

Less than you'd think maybe EPM.

All fluids, and as necessary seals and gaskets. A brake overhaul. Oil down the bores before startup. Inspect all steering/suspension joints, links and bushings.

The RS200 is worth a few bob too.

Advertisement