Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Equivalent city andd guilds..

Options
  • 17-03-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Hey small question Ive got a small question dunno if any one can help but...
    The collage want me to do a comprehension test written which tbh is frankly making me really nervous, as my hand writing is really bad and im also dyslexic, which really doesnt help.

Tho after much examination of the letter they sent me I noticed a word that I should of seen....

"This option aplies to Mature applicants who do not wish to compete on the basis of the leaving cert exams, Fetac level 5 to 6 award or equivalent...."
    I've got a city and guilds in sound enginering, the course has very direct relation to the course i want to do which is creative media....

So would my city and guilds meet the FETAC level 5 and 6.......

Does any one have any ideas ? Im ringing the collage in the morning again :o, but it would be nice if any one has any ideas ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you would probably be ok, but the only way to find out is to ring the college, as it is their decision. If you'll excuse me saying so, though, I don't think you should worry about a comprehension test - if your post is anything to go by, your English is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The best thing you can do man, is to let them know you have dyslexia so they can understand about any spelling mistakes that may happen. The C&G awards i think (may have to check this out yourself) are FETAC lvl 5 = lvl 2 C&G award, lvl 6 FETAC = lvl 3 C&G award.

Advertisement