Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside the mind of Daigo Umehara

Options
  • 17-03-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

After a recent interview with Eurogamer, Daigo Umehara found that he enjoyed the Western interview style...that and he has launched a personal website (work in progress). The community on Capcom-Unity were invited to ask him questions and he has responded. One interesting question from the interview (although I used a different one in my other write-up):

What is your monthly arcade bill?
    My monthly arcade bill differs quite a bit from before when I was younger and nowadays. I now spend about 10000 yen or about $100 per month when I'm not competitively practicing for a tournament, and 30000 yen ($300) when I'm intently practicing. But before, it was in the range of 50000 and 60000 (~$600) yen all the time whether a tournament is coming up or not.

Now THAT is crazy. So is it a luxury, a blessing or a curse that arcades are not popular here :D

Daigo's Interview: Capcom-Unity

Linkage:
    Sources:
    GetYourTournament // eSports.ie
    Eurogamer Interview: Eurogamer.net
    Daigo Umehara's Website

🤪

Comments

Advertisement