Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap calls to uk

• 17-03-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am wondering if anyone could advice me. My one and only friend is moving to England for work reasons. I am wondering what is the cheapest way to phone her mobile in the uk.

I live in a rented house and only have a mobile. I do not and cant afford to have broadband either. the only thing I have is a vodafone fone. I would get another network phone if that is the cheaper. also she will only have access to a mobile in thye Uk

I dont know if i I am posting this on the correct forum but i dont know where else to put it. I am really going to miss her as we talk loads each day (free vodafone to vodafone calls). she is practically my family actually she is my family.

please help if you can

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If your friend continues to have an Irish Vodafone number then calls are free to receive if you have the Passport scheme, so at least for you calling her it would be business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

HI

thanks so so much for that, is that for real, I can actually ring her for free the same as if she was in ireland????

can ypou tell me more about the passport

thanks so so much

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ring Vodafone CS. If you can go online then www.vodafone.ie/passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 BigAliens

3 offer free skype to skype to calls on their mobiles which means you can make international calls for free no matter where in the world.

http://www.three.ie/skype.htm

u could get a skype mobile from 3 Ireland and your friend could get one on 3 UK

Also if you were on one of their pay monthly options you can use your minutes to ring the uk for no extra charge.

you can get this from €15 p/month

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/best_of_both.htm

Advertisement