Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda civic, melting plastic smell

• 17-03-2010 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I drive a 99 1.4i civic. I recently started to notice a smell of melting plastic, ive had a look at the wires, etc under the bonnet and haven't noticed any melted or burned wires.

I started noticing it after a long drive. There is no engine lights coming on or power loss in anything. Has anyone had any similar problems?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Comments

Did you get it valeted recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

quite possibly a plastic bag stuck to the exhaust, happens regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Make sure none of the plastic body panelling is touching off a moving part. Typically you will see this along the mud-guards inside the wheels. More common is the front where high kerbs have dislodged these and at high-speed they get forced onto the wheel.

Or as ep1 said, you could have a plastic bag stuck somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Cheers for the advice guys, had a good look around the exhaust system and mud guards but all seems normal. The rubber pipes connecting to the radiator seemed twisted over themselves, air in the system i think, may have been the smell. sorted it out and haven't got the smell since.

Advertisement