Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synchronisation Nation

• 17-03-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    After having a thread before looking for a new phone based on these requirements:
    more than 1,000 contacts, limited only by the memory of the phone/card.

I also want something with push email, that I can use my current email addresses with, not something I'd have to set up a new email address for.

Another feature I'd like is wifi browsing and msn.

I don't want it to be a slider phone

If I'm spending money, I'd like it to be a replacement camera, so maybe 5mp with good quality video recording too.

Ideally I'd want to be able to sync it with my pc and back up contacts to a csv file etc. I currently use MyPhoneExplorer with my K800i and it's perfect. I'd also like to keep with Sony Ericsson if possible as I'm used to it.

GPS would be handy to have, but not essential as I need and have a standalone GPS for when I'm driving (parked) so I can take calls and input addresses, browse maps while talking to customers etc and I wouldn't want the screen popping up who's calling when I need to know what turn I've to take in the next few meters ;)

I opted for the SE G900. It's quite disappointing. The software is very buggy and doesn't seem to get any updates, now the speaker is intermittently cutting off when I'm on the phone to someone and the GPS software is far too slow for what I need it for (simply finding an address and calculating distance etc).

Again, I'm looking for a new phone. The iPhone seems to fit the bill somewhat but I don't want to be limited to having to rely on iTunes and that.

I want to be able to sync my phone contacts with my PC to keep a backup and do other things with.

Currently I use:
    Handset > MyPhoneExplorer > Export CSV and update contacts in CabbageTexter and customer contacts in work spreadsheets. I also sync my Rainlendar calendar with the calendar on my phone. It's absolutely fine for what I need. I'd need a replacement that can do the same. MyPhoneExplorer is great also in that you can send texts off the PC, so can type them much quicker on a keyboard than on the phone.

I've been told of Google Calendar but don't know how it would work with Rainlendar and then with the phone. One important thing is I don't want to have to be online to use any of this, which may be a problem with Google Calendar.

I'd also like to be able to share certain (not all) events by perhaps sending an exported file via email to someone else with Google Calendar, or the right phone.

The G900, had it worked well, would be more than fine, but if I'm upgrading, I want something that will work and be compatible with all I need it for.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on a new phone and synch system to go with :)

Advertisement