Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency Tax return

• 17-03-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi, Im working for tesco i started in October

was on emergency tax for a while managed to get this sorted, now im paying tax at standard rate however i still have not got my emergency tax given back to me.

Im not in a position to go to tax office to get tax back as im registered for income tax and have not filed my a/c for 2009 as of yet

am i right in saying that i should not have to go to tax office to get my emergency tax back should tesco not have paid me this back in a previous job my employer paid my tax back to me after i went to the tax office to sort the issue out and get put on the standard rate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi, Im working for tesco i started in October

was on emergency tax for a while managed to get this sorted, now im paying tax at standard rate however i still have not got my emergency tax given back to me.

Im not in a position to go to tax office to get tax back as im registered for income tax and have not filed my a/c for 2009 as of yet

am i right in saying that i should not have to go to tax office to get my emergency tax back should tesco not have paid me this back in a previous job my employer paid my tax back to me after i went to the tax office to sort the issue out and get put on the standard rate

Yup you're right here. The tax office is not in a position to refund you any tax for the current year, (unless your unemployed). They can only really make refunds of overdeducted tax once the year is finished.

It sounds to me as though your cert has issued on a "week 1/month 1 basis", which prevents your employer from backdating your credits, and giving you a refund. Maybe double check with the tax office to see.

Advertisement