Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Easter 2010

Options
  • 17-03-2010 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Don't forget the Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta over the Easter Weekend in the Porch Field, Trim, adjacent to Trim Castle. This will be a unique event with ONLY special shape balloons in attendence. We have up to 20 balloons lined up with the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog (in the national papers last week), the two Honey Bees from Arizona, Darth Vader, Bertie Bassett, Thomas the Tank Engine, to name a few. Sunday evening is the first Medieval Banquet at the Trim Castle Hotel. Tickets available for purchase online.

Full details at http://www.trimballoonfiesta.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Already have a day earmarked for it. what would be the chances of getting up in a balloon?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes looking forward to this one, as are my kids! Same question as above, is there balloon rides for the public at all?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

There will be some really magic balloons at it...:D

737DD5C963C246CAAE6814AAB3559C0D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

Already have a day earmarked for it. what would be the chances of getting up in a balloon?

Sorry, there is no chance whatsoever. We are not operating our passenger ride balloons at this event as it is a 'special shapes' balloon event only.

Malcolm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Especially the Night Glow event. I reckon there will be a lot of tripods around that night!

Archeron wrote: »
    Especially the Night Glow event. I reckon there will be a lot of tripods around that night!

Many might not be quite so spectacular as this but for those who don't know what a Night Glow Event is....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Whats the story with parking at this event. Is there a charge in etc. I am thinking of bringing the gang. I am in duleek so its only about 15k from me.:)

Whats the story with parking at this event. Is there a charge in etc. I am thinking of bringing the gang. I am in duleek so its only about 15k from me.:)

Admission is free but on-site parking is €5 per car. There is street parking in the town leaving a short walk to the event.

map1.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks really good, thanks for the info.

This is definitely going to be well worth a visit. That night glow looks amazing.
    More pics here.

D8B8B286512D4521AFC2FCC0FB622CA0.jpg

Does anyone know of any kiting clubs that might like to do a demonstration at the event in return for, say, a trade/club stand?

Malcolm.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Try Pure Magic (the kitesurfing guys) in Dollymount.

bumpydog wrote: »
    Admission is free but on-site parking is €5 per car. There is street parking in the town leaving a short walk to the event.

Be aware that there will be VERY limited street parking on the Sunday as the Chamber of Commerce have decided to close Market Street and hold a street market (yes, really). The organisers of the Balloon Fiesta were only made aware of this a couple of days ago.

Best to either use the onsite paid parking or park up somewhere short of Trim town and walk in from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Don't forget the Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta over the Easter Weekend in the Porch Field, Trim,

Me & my camera are very much looking forward to it.. :D Hopefully get as good a shot as pullandbang ;)

Well I hope the parking is better organized than it was for the raft race. Half the Dublin road came to a standstill because people were just leaving cars everywhere around the area and traffic couldnt get through.

Still, hopefully I'll be in a balloon so wont care :)

Well, it looks like we might not have a webcam in place for the event. The postman was delivering it today and the gob****es in the halting site on the ring road stole it out of his van (it said 'camera' on the package) when making a delivery 2 minutes earlier. He was almost in tears when he called. Let's hope that the Gardi have to courage to go and sort it out.

Not impressed.

Fair play to the local Gardi who paid a visit suggesting they leave the stolen packages outside and they would be back in 10 minutes. If they weren't handed over, they would be back with a search warrant. Sure enough, they (two parcels had been taken) mysteriously reappeared. Result.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fair play to the local Gardi who paid a visit suggesting they leave the stolen packages outside and they would be back in 10 minutes. If they weren't handed over, they would be back with a search warrant. Sure enough, they (two parcels had been taken) mysteriously reappeared. Result.

Nice. Doubt the guards would be as obliging with anyone else.

Glad you got your camera back though.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it!!!
    Just saw the Balloon Festival mentioned on the Afternoon Show!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Archeron wrote: »
    Well I hope the parking is better organized than it was for the raft race.
    The only parking arranged for the raft race was at the swimming pool and in the finishing field for the entrants only. I heard there was a traffic disaster on the new road while the raft race was happening but I also heard that this was due to a completely separate incident.

Did you miss the race because of it?

If they weren't handed over, they would be back with a search warrant. Sure enough, they (two parcels had been taken) mysteriously reappeared. Result.

They obviously didn't want the placed searched under warrant :mad:

God only knows what would have been found..............

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Hope the weather improves!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Crazy Taxi

I'll defo be heading to this, I've an hours drive so can anybody suggest which day might be best or will different balloons be displayed on different days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

alanajane wrote: »
    Hope the weather improves!! :o

Tiz a bit wild alright.
    Keep the fingers crossed, its to last a few days:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Anyone else they would have been carted off sickens me to the core.. Hope this weather improves blowing a serious gale at the moment though heard it was to brake before the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Weather up to Sunday is dire, will this gig go ahead anyway?

Crazy Taxi wrote: »
    I'll defo be heading to this, I've an hours drive so can anybody suggest which day might be best or will different balloons be displayed on different days?

Full details at http://www.trimballoonfiesta.com
    You can download a brochure from this site also.. No word on the site about any change in plan dues to weather so guess we'll just have to wait & see.. Its still pretty blustery in Trim at the mo.. No snow today though!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

From http://www.trimballoonfiesta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=180

Can anybody believe the weather we have had so far this week? We are constantly checking the weather over the next few days and there is a bit of a mixed bag. At the moment, Friday is looking like rain could be an issue but the conditions are looking much better for Saturday and Sunday with rain possibly returning on Monday. We will update the WeatherCheck line (087 1223322) Thursday afternoon with the latest update. If possible, there might be a clear slot this evening (Thursday) and, if there is, we may try a Press flight with a few of the shapes, in particular, the Boyne Valley Honey Bees. Although the flight would be planned to launch from Trim, it might not be from the Porch Field, which is still being prepared for all the weekend's activities.

Advertisement