Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Easter 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Spotted (just as I was having my dinner - saw a big bloody bee looking in my window) :D:D:

Apologies for the quality, they're from pausing the camcorder.

07AFEB7B48AD461DBE4B6D3E84A9B600-800.jpg

F3AF5A5C4DBA469C91981A7F1444D1EB-800.jpg

12EE113BA51346339071A0568ED3136E-800.jpg

Kids were delighted to see them, my son kept asking where's Darth Vader though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I spotted them too, cool looking things.
    Cant wait for this, have friends from the UK over for it, and am really hoping the weather holds up. Looks like the set up in the porchfiled is quite good too, that carousel on the top of the hill looks great.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I really hope the weather holds up. Had a walk around Porchie and everything looks great. looking forward to getting a few decent shots of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Was up that way myself today and there were 2 balloons inflated, never seen one that close up before, they really are huge. looking forward to tomorrow, hope the Gods are good to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

How fixed are the flight times ? I left the house this morning with a clear blue sky. 20 mins later arrived in Trim but it was deep in fog. Do you just wait for conditions to improve or are you tied to certain times for flights ? Might try again this eve.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

What would be a good time to hit this tomorrow,,,i think the weather is not to be to bad,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

8am main flights tomorrow morning then late afternoon, that what announcer said today

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

109733.jpg

109732.jpg

109731.jpg

109735.jpg

109734.jpg

Looking forward to Sunday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

A couple from Sunday before they abandoned attempts due to winds.
    4490010443_386b446f26.jpg
    4490652984_ee0b0c5636.jpg

The wind got up a fair bit today, put a bit of a kink in the day but still very enjoyable. will see about going back up tommorow if the weather holds.

• Advertisement

Here's a couple of non-balloon shots from yesterday.

Candy Floss
    7AAC972AD54145B29DA32DA2BFE38303-500.jpg

Heat Haze
    03CCA08C209E423DBA1898A34E225B57-500.jpg

Air Sickness
    B2DDEA1805244F2BB593967A3FE45FD9-500.jpg

Johnny
    D7F4852389E34F478FE9ACFF7B871B36-500.jpg

Wow, you have a great tallent PaB.
    All the pics you posted here are amazing.
    Looking forward to more pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Fair play to the organisers of the event. I've never seen so many people in the town on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

cue wrote: »
    Fair play to the organisers of the event. I've never seen so many people in the town on the Sunday.

We certainly didn't expect such huge numbers and we'd like to apologise to those who sat it out in the many queues in and out of the event. Getting the 2 minute slot on the main 6pm and 9pm RTE News on Saturday probably contributed to the attendance figures.

The Honey Bees are planning to stay until the end of the week so, hopefully, they'll be seen in the air on either Thursday or Friday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

It is incredible how busy the town was, it was great to see it. A big market in the pirchfield would be a great idea I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

I have to write and say what a great day we (the family) had on sunday despite the bad weather. The atmosphere was electric and I think everyone had fun. I think it was apprecitated by all that the weather prevented a really spectatular day but what could be done about that??? Not a thing.. .many thanks to all who organised the event. It was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Patser

Myself and the Wife stayed for the weekend in the Castle Hotel and had good craic all weekend. Went to the Medieval Banquet too, which was all good fun although there were a good few empty spaces. Bit of a pity that no balloons got to take off either the Saturday or Sunday, but there was a great buzz around the field. Amazed at all the little kids who were ignoring the balloons, stalls etc and instead entirely focused on the bales of hay! Judging by this interest the Haymaking festival must be a smash hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

Patser wrote: »
    ... Amazed at all the little kids who were ignoring the balloons, stalls etc and instead entirely focused on the bales of hay! Judging by this interest the Haymaking festival must be a smash hit.

Yeah - seen that alright!!

4494612592_c677364c38.jpg

bumpydog wrote: »
    The Honey Bees are planning to stay until the end of the week so, hopefully, they'll be seen in the air on either Thursday or Friday this week.

Well done Malcolm to you and Pauline and the rest of the crew. You all did a fantastic job to arrange such a brilliant weekend. Even with the inclement weather it was still brilliant. Imagine how much better had the weather been favourable?

Roll on 2011?

Well done Malcolm to you and Pauline and the rest of the crew. You all did a fantastic job to arrange such a brilliant weekend. Even with the inclement weather it was still brilliant. Imagine how much better had the weather been favourable?

Roll on 2011?

So is this going to be an annual event? Would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

A few pics:

B421CA7ED9374D6D82C05AE42B8455D9-800.jpg

91FEF1FDBBBB4E049CB732C546523C9B-800.jpg

F73F410AC51D4F8CA80CCC1EE75E7A5B-800.jpg

5B01E442D1584DA9AF67A881E1798551-800.jpg

More on Pixie here: http://pix.ie/valentia/album/370450

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Roll on 2011?

+1. Such a shame the weather wasn't better, but we appreciated the great efforts put in to getting as many balloons up as possible despite the winds.

Fair play to the organisers - and kudos for getting it on the news. Stuff like this puts places on the map, very important during a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Hi does anyone have the contact details for the guy who was selling the "Stomp Rockets" there at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Was a super setup, fair play to all involved.
    Just shows even tough the weather wasn't great i haven't heard a complaint.
    Hopefully it will happen again.

That's great, weather looks to improve from tomorrow. Any idea when they'll be flying?

PauloMN wrote: »
    That's great, weather looks to improve from tomorrow. Any idea when they'll be flying?

Thursday evening at around 6pm is looking favourite. We hope to get a few balloons out flying. Will try to provide update on here, the Facebook page and via Twitter.

Malcolm

Valentia wrote: »
    A few pics:

More on Pixie here: http://pix.ie/valentia/album/370450

For those of you who don't know yet, Danny (valentia) passed away suddenly today. There is a thread of condolences over in the photography forum where he was a regular contributor.

May he rest in peace.

For those of you who don't know yet, Danny (valentia) passed away suddenly today. There is a thread of condolences over in the photography forum where he was a regular contributor.

May he rest in peace.

Thanks for letting us know. Didn't know him but appreciated his photos up here. Hard to believe he only posted a couple of days ago.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

PauloMN wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know. Didn't know him but appreciated his photos up here. Hard to believe he only posted a couple of days ago.

RIP.

That's very sad. I only got a message from him yesterday on Flickr. I didn't know him personally. Was he young/Old?

• Advertisement

Thursday evening at around 6pm is looking favourite. We hope to get a few balloons out flying. Will try to provide update on here, the Facebook page and via Twitter.

Malcolm

Speaking with the balloon teams and Danny's family, we are planning to carry out a Commemorative flight in honour of Danny this evening at around 6pm at the Porchfield. The Little Bees will launch from the spot where Sonic the Hedgehog stood in the photo that Danny had published in the national press recently. The balloons will all carry black flags below their baskets.

Those who attended the balloon fiesta at the weekend will have seen Danny in high spirits, thoroughly enjoying the many photo opportunities.

Danny, you will be sorely missed.

Malcolm.

Advertisement