Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Easter 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bumpydog wrote: »
    Speaking with the balloon teams and Danny's family, we are planning to carry out a Commemorative flight in honour of Danny this evening at around 6pm at the Porchfield. The Little Bees will launch from the spot where Sonic the Hedgehog stood in the photo that Danny had published in the national press recently. The balloons will all carry black flags below their baskets.

Those who attended the balloon fiesta at the weekend will have seen Danny in high spirits, thoroughly enjoying the many photo opportunities.

Danny, you will be sorely missed.

Malcolm.

Super idea. Will hopefully be able to get down there this evening to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Wonderful tribute to a superb fella!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great spectacle this evening - 4 balloons - and was lovely weather for them to actually take off. Made up for the lack of flying at the weekend.

A fitting tribute to Valentia on a beautiful spring evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well done Balloonists - a fine tribute to a great man.

For those not there, 4 balloons launched as can be seen in the photograph flying a black flag from their baskets marking respect for Danny (Valentia).

FF1ACCF82D6A426AAF90A9376ABF182C.jpg

Some of mine from today:

405BF92132404F17A6BF21433D62BB56-800.jpg

D6043C2E537B4A9ABCBEE996AB76C767-800.jpg
    6DFB3504AB004A70B9CAC31383F9C1C2-800.jpg

7F2A3F3AEFA64EF6804537FFEC93DEF2-800.jpg

C58370D2C6F04F26BF4A48A0EF117A10-800.jpg

555311AD1FB24E0B969B6C5272EC340F-800.jpg

8C24140C7E5444A29D78D43A8EDE8F93-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Danny's passing was a huge shock, saw him up at the festival at the weekend. We logged on to his photo page on Tuesday evening. News of his sudden death was all the more stark as it was so unexpected.

May he rest in peace.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I wasn't really in the mood for processing the shots I took this evening but I did this one.
    Pauline & Malcolm flew the balloons as a tribute to Danny. They flew down over Scurloughstown where Danny was laid out in his brothers house. He would have waved up at them and maybe even taken a few shots.

AC46F4BF2E6C4C709ED2F0AAC9AF1332.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

One of the Little Bees passes over Marcie Regan's pub towards Danny in Scurloughstown.
    bees6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

these shots are amazing. myself and the family have been watching the movie 'Up' quite a lot because the baby loves the balloons part of it. I think it would be awesome to show her in real life these big balloons covering the sky.

I'm in dublin but does anyone know when the next big festival is on that would be relatively close to us because it looks like a great day out.

cheers all in advance.

PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 JasonR16

I know this is quite late but it was amazing to see such a great event well attended. We waited quite a while in a traffic queue on the Sunday and we would have happily waited in one many times longer....It was so worth it.

I REALLY hope this is an annual event. No balloons went up when we went over but it was still great fun!!

Great for Trim and the surrounding area in otherwise tough times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement