Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Malt house

Options
  • 17-03-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all. I'm planning on bringing a group of 12 to
    The Malt House Restaurant in a months time. The ages in
    the group vary from 15 to 70. Can anybody tell me if the
    menu is suitable for this type of group.
    The tastes would be normal. Sea food and meat.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

http://www.themalthouse.ie/menu.asp?menu=36&parent=23&item=0012

Pretty perfect as a place that would suit anyone of 15 or 70, and everything in between. It's got an atmosphere that'll appeal to all age groups as well.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I heard that it's gone seriously down hill since the King's Head took it over.

Haven't eaten in it myself since that, I must stress, but that's what I heard.

kraggy wrote: »
    I heard that it's gone seriously down hill since the King's Head took it over.

Haven't eaten in it myself since that, I must stress, but that's what I heard.

I think the same family that have the King's Head have the Malt House for a number of years now (the Grealishs). As far as I know, the only change is that there's an entrance now from the restaurant into the King's Head, but I haven't been there in a few months to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

churchview wrote: »
    I think the same family that have the King's Head have the Malt House for a number of years now (the Grealishs). As far as I know, the only change is that there's an entrance now from the restaurant into the King's Head, but I haven't been there in a few months to see it.

correcto

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

We ate there a good few months ago - I felt it had seriously gone downhill from having a good name about it.
    I honestly would not reccommend it to anyone from my last experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I have eaten there a few times in the past and to be honest I couldn't understand why it has such a good reputation. As the menu link supplied Curchview shows, the main course has only one dish of red meat, chicken, fish & vegeterian. No variety IMO. If you can't get each dish right, you must be a very crap chef.

I have eaten there a few times in the past and to be honest I couldn't understand why it has such a good reputation. As the menu link supplied Curchview shows, the main course has only one dish of red meat, chicken, fish & vegeterian. No variety IMO. If you can't get each dish right, you must be a very crap chef.

http://www.themalthouse.ie/menu.asp?menu=33&parent=23&item=0013

That was only the bargain menu that I linked to. Above is their full menu.

Disappointed to hear the bad views here. I've had some great meals there, but the last time I was there was just after the VOR. I'll have to go back soon to see if it's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lovely food.

The steak there is sublime.

I've been there about 5 times in total in the last 2 years and have eaten of both menus, the more expensive one and the earlybird and enjoyed both equally tbh.

I bloody hate when people say " I wouldn't eat in that place, I heard it's horrible"

Advertisement