Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballybough

Options
  • 17-03-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

just took a look at a house in ballybough,looked very nice,seemed to be lots of dog ****e about though,is it the riviera of the north inner city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Do you even know what riviera means?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

Do you even know what riviera means?
    Yes, I do know what "riviera" means,i speak fluent french and lived on the cote d'azure for thirteen years.maybe you failed to see the irony in the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lil_pip wrote: »
    Yes, I do know what "riviera" means,i speak fluent french and lived on the cote d'azure for thirteen years.maybe you failed to see the irony in the op.
    touchy touchy!

tbf its not the best are in dublin but its by no means the worst (i lived there for about 2 years)

thanks max power,im not that touchy really, i asked a question and got a reply asking me did i understand my own question,that would rub anyone up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

thanks max power,im not that touchy really, i asked a question and got a reply asking me did i understand my own question,that would rub anyone up the wrong way.

Well Delta Bravo is a regular and respected poster in this forum, you my friend are just a mere 'blow in, don't be so touchy and you'll find this forum and its regular contributors will bend over backwards to help you.

Anyway, Ballybough depends on where your looking at it can go from knackersville to quite residental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Well Delta Bravo is a regular and respected poster in this forum, you my friend are just a mere 'blow in, don't be so touchy and you'll find this forum and its regular contributors will bend over backwards to help you.

Anyway, Ballybough depends on where your looking at it can go from knackersville to quite residental.

In 6 seconds...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

FYP wrote:
    Yes, I do know what "Riviera" means, I speak French fluently and lived on the Côte d'Azur for thirteen years. Maybe you failed to see the irony in the op? Unfortunately my English grammar is a little slipshod.

D'oh followed by où? ;)

maybe he is a well respected poster,but his answer to my question was both condescending and unhelpful

69 wrote: »
    D'oh followed by où? ;)
    you will have to forgive my english grammer,after all i am french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

just took a look at a house in ballybough,looked very nice,seemed to be lots of dog ****e about though,is it the riviera of the north inner city?

For piece of mind, I would stay well away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

you will have to forgive my english grammer,after all i am french
    Sorry I thought you were our standard issue gobshyte. :D
    Where on the Riviera did you live? It will be very different to Ballybough, I know the difference, I used to live there.

stepbar wrote: »
    For piece of mind, I would stay well away.
    thank you for the advice stepbar

maybe he is a well respected poster,but his answer to my question was both condescending and unhelpful

Its wasn't, it was a Dublin thing called 'having the craic'.

And to be honest with you, your reference to the " riviera of the north inner city" went right over my head too.

Now calm down and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

69 wrote: »
    Sorry I thought you were our standard issue gobshyte. :D
    Where on the Riviera did you live? It will be very different to Ballybough, I know the difference, I used to live there.
    i had live in villefranche sur mer for ten years and i then moved to fayence,then to berlin,i now live in dublin,what is a gobshyte?

what is a gobshyte?

An idiot.

Its wasn't, it was a Dublin thing called 'having the craic'.

And to be honest with you, your reference to the " riviera of the north inner city" went right over my head too.

Now calm down and stop getting your knickers in a twist.
    when i have the craic with irish people it always involves them saying something funny or witty.his was neither,please dont reply,i am asking a question about an area of dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

good god, everyone calm down.

OP, my dad grew up in Ballybough, and I still have family there.

It's quite close to the city centre, and has something of a "reputation", but there is lots of rented accommodation in the area.

If you don't go looking for trouble, it generally won't find you, but take good care of yourself and your property, as you would in any area of any city. If you have a bike, get a good lock, if you have a car, park it under a light with a lock on the steering wheel.

You are probably getting quite a good deal on the rent, and other areas of the city, which are situated as close to the city centre would be pricier.

please dont reply,i am asking a question about an area of dublin.
    Des wrote: »
    good god, everyone calm down.

OP, my dad grew up in Ballybough, and I still have family there.

It's quite close to the city centre, and has something of a "reputation", but there is lots of rented accommodation in the area.

If you don't go looking for trouble, it generally won't find you, but take good care of yourself and your property, as you would in any area of any city. If you have a bike, get a good lock, if you have a car, park it under a light with a lock on the steering wheel.

You are probably getting quite a good deal on the rent, and other areas of the city, which are situated as close to the city centre would be pricier.

Thank you Des.

OP, your question has been answered and the thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement