Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO question

Options
  • 17-03-2010 10:50am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hey guys, i did my CAO over christmas and I haven't got a clue what I wanted to do but i still put down my restricted course. Obviously I need to put in more stuff but is their a point in doing this now or should I just wait until I can add stuff in for free. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The CAO is closed until May and you can't change anything until then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

unknown13 wrote: »
    The CAO is closed until May and you can't change anything until then
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can. It's like a tenner per change though!

I'd wait until the change-of-mind date tbh OP, it'll give you more time to think and it's free then, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can. It's like a tenner per change though!
    No he's right; according to the CAO website the change of mind facility ended on the 1st of March. And just to make sure I checked my application, and there's no longer an option to change courses.
    OP will have to wait till May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Another CAO question here.

Just wondering... if you submitted an application online and got the confirmation emails and can log into the CAO site to see your course selection and application etc... Is that everything done and dusted? Or are the CAO meant to send out some sort of paper statement to you to show you your course selections? I know when I applied before I got a paper statement asking to make sure all details were correct etc... but this time, I havent received anything by post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 trickortreat

felic wrote: »
    Another CAO question here.

Just wondering... if you submitted an application online and got the confirmation emails and can log into the CAO site to see your course selection and application etc... Is that everything done and dusted? Or are the CAO meant to send out some sort of paper statement to you to show you your course selections? I know when I applied before I got a paper statement asking to make sure all details were correct etc... but this time, I havent received anything by post.

did you apply online or by post last time,

with online application, they just email you with your details to confirm, no postage unless your a mature student.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Last time this online system didnt exist so it was all by post. But I think in 2006 I applied as well because i was considerring going back then and did it online. And I did get a letter then. But maybe thats all changed now with the volumes of people applying online. I have the emails saved so I guess thats enough.
    Thanks. Was just kinda worried in case everyone else had these statements and I didnt because i was missing something in the application or hadnt all the details filled in.. which can happen sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

felic wrote: »
    Last time this online system didnt exist so it was all by post. But I think in 2006 I applied as well because i was considerring going back then and did it online. And I did get a letter then. But maybe thats all changed now with the volumes of people applying online. I have the emails saved so I guess thats enough.
    Thanks. Was just kinda worried in case everyone else had these statements and I didnt because i was missing something in the application or hadnt all the details filled in.. which can happen sometimes.

You'll get a statement by post sometime between now and May. I can't remember exactly when. Then if you change your course after the change of mind opens, they send you another statement by post each time you change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

If you have not put down any coursesin your lists can you pu them down in may???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    If you have not put down any coursesin your lists can you pu them down in may???

Yes. Once you have already registered with CAO and have an account online (or you registered via post), you can add/remove courses as you like once the change of mind opens in May.

Advertisement