Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Wiring-Help Needed

Options
  • 17-03-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I am installing a ADE alarm system in my home, can someone please advise me on how I wire the internal sounder (Lynteck brand) and a panic button into the system, please.

Many Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm not familiar with ADE alarms. If you could post a picture of the circuit board maybe we could then help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Thanks for your reply fred funk

Below is a link to the instruction manuel, if this helps.

http://rikain.com/Manuals/Intruder_alarms/ADE/Captiva_8-20_v2_Installation_Manual.pdf

Many Thanks

Wire the + & - from the internal directly into the strobe terminal of the panel red+ & black-.

The PA is fairly straight forward too. The PA should have two terminals where you can see the glass reed wired onto them. Using lets say red and black of the cable wire a cable onto each screw. Back at the panel use the next free zone and wire the red and black into the screw terminals, it doesn't matter which colour goes where.

Now, this where you need to follow the programming guide. You need to programme that zone for Panic. If you cant figure it out post back here and i'll read the manual when I have a bit more time later.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Thanks for help Fred Funk. If I get stuck I may call on your help again.

Thanks again

no bother :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement