Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I mainly use Antonio Puig, Quorum. I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in this thread as of yet. It' s a pretty nice fragrance from the 80's

I also recently picke dup a bottle of CK obsession, it's ok, I don't see the hype around it, though I'll have to see what my friends think when I wear it. I'm really liking the new CK Dark Obsession though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Thinking of investing in some Creed, I like Aventus & GIT which I've used before,
    if I may ask which site did you purchase from?

I've bought splits directly off some of the lads on basenotes. I'm using cheapsmells at the moment and highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Got a sample of Tom Ford 'Noir' and it is amazing!! There is a subtle sweetness to it.

Before I discovered Noir, my favourite was Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Tried a sample of Bleu de Chanel and have to say that it doesn't live up to some of the hype some people give it. It's quite generic with no distinctive traits whatsoever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Bought some Brut this morning :cool:

I really like it. Been using it for a year now, I don't think I'll ever go back to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Like Dior Fahrenheit, Allure sport. I think Chanel bleu is over rated

Meant to post here a while ago but forget -

I pick up a bottle of Creed GIT. It's quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, I'm looking for some recommendations please.

I love Creed (Aventus and Green Irish Tweed from what I have sampled) but unfortunately they are out of my price range at the present time.

I'm wondering is there anything similar to either of these fragrances that would be more friendly to my wallet?

Secondly, and separate from the above if necessary, I'm looking for a nice fragrance that is also long-lasting. I've found a lot of stuff I'm using is great for a couple of hours in the morning or during the night, but tends to fade away very easily.

If you can match my two requirements together then all the better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

For me, Armani.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

For me, Armani.

Any particular fragrance?

Have Armani code myself, love it and would be my main aftershave, had Armani diamonds before - wasn't particularly fond of it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

D'Agger wrote: »
    Any particular fragrance?
    Just the classic lotion après rasage. I tend to be old school on things like this as I found when the explosion in men's aftershaves began, most of them were just crap that had been quickly invented to exploit the new market and the originals were still the best.

If a man smells of anything, it should always suggest that he has recently taken a sharp blade to his face.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Meant to post here a while ago but forget -

I pick up a bottle of Creed GIT. It's quality.

Did you buy online or on a department store?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Paco Rabanne 'Million' works best for me :)

Passenger wrote: »
    Did you buy online or on a department store?

Bought it from http://www.cheapsmells.com/

I generally either buy from cheapsmells or Brown Thomas. You pay a complete premium to buy the stuff in BT though. I remember looking at a bottle of Aventus in BT and they were looking for the guts of €300 at the time.

Unfortunately cheapsmells don't do Aventus and the seller I buy from doesn't ship to Ireland any more because of changes to the Royal Mail shipping policy. He's reluctant to ship to Parcel Motel as well.

Cheapsmells are totally legit - you'll read plenty about them on basenotes.

It's an awful name for a website that's trying to sell high end fragrances!

Shipping is unbelievable from them. I've gotten stuff next day from them by shipping to Parcel Motel in the North. If you order before 12 in the day it'll be delivered to Parcel Motel the morning after and nightline have it at my Parcel Motel the same evening.

No affiliation with them, just a happy customer.

Has anyone tried Creed Silver Mountain Water?

I think it's next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I generally either buy from cheapsmells or Brown Thomas. You pay a complete premium to buy the stuff in BT though. I remember looking at a bottle of Aventus in BT and they were looking for the guts of €300 at the time.

Unfortunately cheapsmells don't do Aventus and the seller I buy from doesn't ship to Ireland any more because of changes to the Royal Mail shipping policy. He's reluctant to ship to Parcel Motel as well.

Shipping is unbelievable from them. I've gotten stuff next day from them by shipping to Parcel Motel in the North. If you order before 12 in the day it'll be delivered to Parcel Motel the morning after and nightline have it at my Parcel Motel the same evening.

Bought a bottle of Hugo Boss some months ago off cheapsmells. It took weeks to get it delivered. Not their fault, as the parcel had been stopped at the GPO or somewhere and I had to pay taxes on it! The fact that they are based in Jersey and the return address was in Belgium didn't help either. I suppose it looked fishy to An Post. :mad:

In the end I paid the same price I would have paid in any shop. I'm not sure if I'll use that site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Cheap Sells is a terrible name alright. I think they've changed to "All Beauty" now which is much better.

Will give them a gander. ;)
    Has anyone tried Creed Silver Mountain Water?

I think it's next on my list.

Yeah, while I quite like it and it's not overpowering, it changes somewhat when it dries down on the skin and loses that fresh feel. Projection is patchy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm a girl, hope it's OK to post here , but just wondered if any of you guys have tried CKBe?

I bought a 200ml bottle for my other half, last Christmas, on special offer (€26.99) and when I bought it I wondered if it'd be nice.
    It's now his favourite fragrance.

It smells so fresh and clean and he's tried many different fragrances.
    The 200ml is often on offer in The Perfume Shop and you can get free samples there too.

Just thought I'd let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

CKbe/CKone are grand for Spring/Summer but I'd want something a bit muskier I suppose for the colder half of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Dior Farenheit - drives the missus nuts! :pac: Dior Fahrenheit Summer is lighter that the 'full' version, so would use it more casually. Would also keep a bit of Hugo Boss and a bit of Calvin Klein CK1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was both low on cash and aftershave the other day, but picked up Burberry Touch 200ml (I think, the small one anyway) for €25 in a pharmacy in IFSC.

Happy enough with that as it'll keep me going for a while and is one of my favourite fragrances anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone got a suggestion for a going out fragrance around the €50-60 mark? I was thinking Fierce but every other person I pass on the street seems to be wearing it now. Still love it though.

Bleu by Chanel?

cson wrote: »
    Anyone got a suggestion for a going out fragrance around the €50-60 mark? I was thinking Fierce but every other person I pass on the street seems to be wearing it now. Still love it though.

Bleu by Chanel?

Bleu de Chanel has really grown on me. First impression didn't impress me but when I wore it out and received compliments I reviewed my opinion and I'm glad I have.

Another really good Chanel fragrance is Platinum Egoiste. Very safe, versatile, amazing longevity and projection and many refer to it as a "grown up" Fierce. So definitely check out that before you buy Fierce. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is there anywhere to buy samples in Ireland or the UK lads? I've looked but they all seem to be US based.

Paully D wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to buy samples in Ireland or the UK lads? I've looked but they all seem to be US based.

I use ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I was bought an after shave / cologne / musk (can't remember) about 11 years ago. I remember it being distinctly musky, and when people asked who it was, I remember people remarking that that was a feminine name for a somewhat masculine scent. Does this superb (CRUDE!) MS paint attempt of what the bottle looks like jog any memories? I've trawled huge lists of perfumers over the years to try remember what it was :(

274569.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

cson wrote: »

Bleu by Chanel?

I like Dolce And Gabbana The One a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Good deals on amazon for mens fragrances at the moment.
    Can pick up some nice one`s for £10,seem legitimate and sure if your getting it for that price the smell can be fairly average,
    I have a poor smell myself so it does not really matter what slap I throw on as long as it masks the BO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up a LOVELY fragrance "Just Different" by Hugo Boss, only €26 for 75ml in The Perfume Shop. Bought it for boyf's birthday and he loves it.
    Really nice evening scent.

Advertisement