Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Really like Tom Ford's Black Orchid for going out and Dior Homme Intense for day wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Purchased samples of a few fragrances over the last few weeks.

Creed Aventus - superb fragrance. Long lasting and quite unique in terms of you wouldn't have many people in the workplace or on a night out wearing it. I had 5 or 6 women compliment me on this in a days duration. I'll be purchasing a bottle ASAP.

Bleu de Chanel - very nice scent. Doesn't project as much as I hoped after reading other reviews, but the longevity is great. The citrus burst at the start and woody dry-down works well. I would purchase this again.

Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey - still not sure what to think of this. It's smells almost too feminine for me, more like a perfume than a male fragrance. This one really does last all day and the projection is great, but that might not be such a good thing! When asked for honest opinions I've had some people tell me it's fantastic and others tell me it smells like air freshener. I probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

Next on my list are Green Irish Tweed and Terre d'Hermes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Does anyone have that 212 sexy men one?

I had if before but gave it away, can't remember why, but thinking of getting it again after hearing a lot of people, particularly female, rave about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Paully D wrote: »
    Purchased samples of a few fragrances over the last few weeks.

Creed Aventus - superb fragrance. Long lasting and quite unique in terms of you wouldn't have many people in the workplace or on a night out wearing it. I had 5 or 6 women compliment me on this in a days duration. I'll be purchasing a bottle ASAP.

Bleu de Chanel - very nice scent. Doesn't project as much as I hoped after reading other reviews, but the longevity is great. The citrus burst at the start and woody dry-down works well. I would purchase this again.

Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey - still not sure what to think of this. It's smells almost too feminine for me, more like a perfume than a male fragrance. This one really does last all day and the projection is great, but that might not be such a good thing! When asked for honest opinions I've had some people tell me it's fantastic and others tell me it smells like air freshener. I probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

Next on my list are Green Irish Tweed and Terre d'Hermes.

Hi Paully, Where'd you get your samples from? Particularly interested in trying Blue de Chanel. Also would like to try GIT, now that I think of it.

Nate

Hi Paully, Where'd you get your samples from? Particularly interested in trying Blue de Chanel. Also would like to try GIT, now that I think of it.

Nate

Hey Nate, I purchased mine from eBay. There's no particular seller I use though, in fact I think my three samples were from three different sellers.

If you're quick, there's a Bleu de Chanel 2ml sample from an Italian seller listed (the last one listed) for around €4 all in:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bleu-de-chanel-Men-EDT-2ml-SAMPLE-VIAL-SPRAY-NEW-IN-CARD-/271316701276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2bbc505c

I'm still in the process of getting Green Irish Tweed. The cheapest I've found is a 5ml sample from an English seller for around €14 (see link below). I'd ideally like a smaller sample at a cheaper price though, so I'm holding out for that.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CREED-Green-Irish-Tweed-5ml-Edp-Perfume-Cologne-FREE-Attar-SAMPLE-/321239145466?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Men_s_Fragrances_Aftershave_PP&hash=item4acb585bfa

• Advertisement

Spot on my Good Man - purchased. Good Luck with Terre d'Hermes, one of my favourites.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Does anyone have that 212 sexy men one?

I had if before but gave it away, can't remember why, but thinking of getting it again after hearing a lot of people, particularly female, rave about it.

Have it and love it, its the one in the wine coloured bottle, gorgeous long lasting scent, always gets compliments.

I picked up a bottle of Paco Rabannes new one "Invictus" in the duty free yesterday, I absolutely love it. Its similar to "One Million" which I love but its imo even nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Should be getting a bottle of 212 NYC & Gucci Guilty when the mother heads on holidays next week

Looking forward to them both - 212 is very nice & could be used as a day to day or night out fragrance, Gucci is definitely a night out one though - smells dark & manly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Running out of Burberry Touch and wouldn't mind trying something new.

Also a fan of Armani Code Red, but if any of ye have any suggestions based off either of those two, I'd be much obliged.

I'll have to look into getting samples after seeing Paully D's post. :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    Should be getting a bottle of 212 NYC & Gucci Guilty when the mother heads on holidays next week

Looking forward to them both - 212 is very nice & could be used as a day to day or night out fragrance, Gucci is definitely a night out one though - smells dark & manly :)

Tried Gucci Guilty in Arnotts yesterday on way home from work. Wasn't too sure what to think when I initially sprayed it, but it really grew on me. Like it a lot.

As for Paully D's mention of Creed Aventus. Yeah, really liked that one too. Don't think I could justify €175 for it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Knex. wrote: »
    Tried Gucci Guilty in Arnotts yesterday on way home from work. Wasn't too sure what to think when I initially sprayed it, but it really grew on me. Like it a lot.

As for Paully D's mention of Creed Aventus. Yeah, really liked that one too. Don't think I could justify €175 for it though!

Creed Aventus is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Shane732 wrote: »
    Creed Aventus is class.

Much nicer stuff out there for the money involved.
    Said it once and i'll say it again, Aventus is nice, but over-rated.

Slattsy wrote: »

You're really not a fan of Aventus!

GIT is great but Aventus is up there with it.

Shane732 wrote: »
    You're really not a fan of Aventus!

GIT is great but Aventus is up there with it.

I just think believe are getting sucked into the hype that goes with it.
    Sililar to the placebo effect but with after-shave instead :pac:

There are nicer Creeds and less common Creeds, but the more people that get Aventus the better it suits me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I wear the Abercrombie one, very often get complemented on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

At €200 to €350 those Creed scents would want to be pretty fúcking amazing in fairness.

Tried YSL's La Nuit De L'Homme in Paris' BHV department store. Very nice. Hope to find a bottle under the Christmas tree.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    At €200 to €350 those Creed scents would want to be pretty fúcking amazing in fairness.

Tried YSL's La Nuit De L'Homme in Paris' BHV department store. Very nice. Hope to find a bottle under the Christmas tree.

I keep meaning to try that, I've bottle of the flanker "YSL La Nuit De L'Homme Frozen" which I love, but I've never tried the original.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Telling ya lads you can't go wrong with lacoste red, blue or my favorite lacoste silver. Guaranteed to have the women complimenting you. Fact.

I just think believe are getting sucked into the hype that goes with it.
    Sililar to the placebo effect but with after-shave instead :pac:

There are nicer Creeds and less common Creeds, but the more people that get Aventus the better it suits me ;)

I have 4 at the moment and will be getting Silver Mountain Water.

Anything you would recommend please mate? Any other Creeds? I can get two free samples from their website with my Aventus purchase. I'll get Green Irish Tweed as one.
    2ndcoming wrote: »

€110 for a 30ml bottle at the current exchange rate on the Creed website. It's expensive for the quantity certainly, but as something to use every so often and not every day it will last quite a while. I'll by it as a treat for myself :D Being honest, I'd spend pretty close to that on a night out anyway.

• Advertisement

Going to BT tomorrow to get a Creed or Tom Ford. I know i'll be an hour there picking one out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jjdub1

As a heads up to fans of Tom Ford, his Neroli Portofino (€150 for 50 ml) is a complete
    rip off
    of that 70's favourite 4711 eau de cologne so, if you like it, save yourself a small fortune by seeking out the original :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Got 212 NYC from the mammy coming home from hols - very happy with it :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    Got 212 NYC from the mammy coming home from hols - very happy with it :)

Meh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know if there's something similar to Thierry Mugler B* Men?

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Thierry-Mugler/B-Men-706.html

I loved the stuff but they've stopped making it and I think any of the more recent bottles I've bought have been off. Definitely not as good as it used to be.

Meh

Harsh enough. Can't all be affording Creed and Tom Ford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

jjdub1 wrote: »
    As a heads up to fans of Tom Ford, his Neroli Portofino (€150 for 50 ml) is a complete
    rip off
    of that 70's favourite 4711 eau de cologne so, if you like it, save yourself a small fortune by seeking out the original :)

Also, other fragrances that are very similar to each other (Almost indistinguishable for most noses) is Ed Hardy's Love & Luck and Creed's Millesime Imperial. The biggest difference between those two appears to be the price tag.

Knex. wrote: »
    Harsh enough. Can't all be affording Creed and Tom Ford :pac:

Ha ha save my boy, save!

Going to BT tomorrow to get a Creed or Tom Ford. I know i'll be an hour there picking one out lol

Tom won. Hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Tom won. Hands down.

Which one did you go for?

Advertisement