Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Passenger wrote: »
    Which one did you go for?

Oud Wood :D

They have 2 new ones under the 'Oud' banner in BT that i never smelt. One is called Tobacco Oud - really intense tobacco (not smokey) hit and it was unreal and i was { } close to getting it !! Really rich, heavy and sophisticated.

Worth a look for anyone thats wants something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Slattsy wrote: »

They have 2 new ones under the 'Oud' banner in BT that i never smelt. One is called Tobacco Oud - really intense tobacco (not smokey) hit and it was unreal and i was { } close to getting it !! Really rich, heavy and sophisticated.

Will check that out for sure. :) Been meaning to pick up Tobacco Vanille too.

Passenger wrote: »
    Will check that out for sure. :) Been meaning to pick up Tobacco Vanille too.

You wont go near it if you smell the Oud Tobacco, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Anyone able to recommend a website for men's fragrances please, I'd like to pick up a few in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a website for men's fragrances please, I'd like to pick up a few in the near future

theperfumeshop.com will have some seasonal deals and while I've never used it, allbeauty.com gets quite a bit of recommendation around here. ;)

• Advertisement

o.3449.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Best to wsit for the St-Stephens day sale in boots,get the gift pack half price.
    Sure you would be pushed to go through a bottle a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Meh
    I like it and my mam says I'm cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Have about €50 to spend on a new fragrance and a code for €10 off on the Loop @ Dublin Airport. Anyone got any suggestions? Thinking Tom Ford; For Men or Noir.

www.theloop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just got a few samples today - "Spanish Leather" by Geo F Trumper and Yardley "Citrus and Wood".

Have only tried the Spanish Leather so far - it's a real barbershop smell mixed with something like Imperial Leather soap, love it.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The bottle of Hugo Boss I have is nearly gone. I wouldn't mind trying some other brand. Time to check samples out there.

Barna77 wrote: »
    The bottle of Hugo Boss I have is nearly gone. I wouldn't mind trying some other brand. Time to check samples out there.
    Enjoy that good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I live in Qatar and all Qatari men smell of Oud, it's crazy. People burn oud in their offices for the smell!

Nothing beat Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino in my book. So refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Terre D'Hermes is a classy one

I live in Qatar and all Qatari men smell of Oud, it's crazy. People burn oud in their offices for the smell!

Nothing beat Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino in my book. So refreshing.

Summer only, couldnt wear that in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Summer only, couldnt wear that in winter.

Ah sure it's summer every day where I am :D

D'Agger wrote: »
    Enjoy that good sir!
    Given how much I hate shopping, most likely I will stick to the old reliable Boss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Chanel Allure is my favorite. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I've bought a few recently in my search for a staple.

Paco Rabanne - One Million
    Paco Rabanne - Black XS
    Creed - Aventus
    Armani - Acqua di Gio
    CK - Obsession
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

I love the Aventus & Black XS. Both very distinctive.
    The Davidoff is a great strong fresh smell but too powerful for confined office spaces I think. Havent worn the Tom Ford out yet. The Armani is a really low key subtle one but very nice.

Its an expensive but very enjoyable spending spree... :D

I've been trying some samples this morning. My nose is gone insensitive to any smell now...

So the three shortlisted are:
    YSL L'Homme, which was kind of nice but pricey
    L'Eau d'Issey Miyaki
    and of course Hugo Boss, but the black bottle (1/2 price in Boots)

may add some more to the list

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »
    I've been trying some samples this morning. My nose is gone insensitive to any smell now...

So the three shortlisted are:
    YSL L'Homme, which was kind of nice but pricey
    L'Eau d'Issey Miyaki
    and of course Hugo Boss, but the black bottle (1/2 price in Boots)

may add some more to the list

Coffee beans will bring your sense of smell back.

I've bought a few recently in my search for a staple.

Paco Rabanne - One Million
    Paco Rabanne - Black XS
    Creed - Aventus
    Armani - Acqua di Gio
    CK - Obsession
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

I love the Aventus & Black XS. Both very distinctive.
    The Davidoff is a great strong fresh smell but too powerful for confined office spaces I think. Havent worn the Tom Ford out yet. The Armani is a really low key subtle one but very nice.

Its an expensive but very enjoyable spending spree... :D

Those 2 are ridiculously out of place in that list :p

Those 2 are ridiculously out of place in that list :p

Yep they are expensive but its my treat to me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

In order
    Creed aventus
    Marc Jacobs bang
    Jean Paul gautier homme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Yep they are expensive but its my treat to me. :P

Don't think he necessarily meant the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, how long did Creed take to send your products? I purchased on Friday off the official Creed.co.uk website which serves the UK and Ireland and my transaction went through perfectly.

I'm just slightly worried that my order status has just said ''payment received'' since Friday and the only email correspondence they have had with me is to confirm my order as I need (well, want really :pac:) to get it before Christmas.

I'm surprised the order status hasn't updated or I haven't had so much as an email to let me know how my order is progressing to be honest. I ordered stuff off Smyths last week and ended up getting 3 or 4 emails between ordering and receiving to update my status etc which is great customer service in comparison IMO.

Cheers.

I know it could hardly be called a bargain but house of frazer in Belfast are having a 10% off fragrances so instead of 198 it will be 179 for a 120 ml bottle of creed aventus

Shane732 wrote: »
    Don't think he necessarily meant the price.

What then?

What then?
    Quality of the fragrance I'd imagine, Tom Ford & Creed would be considered a cut above most retail aftershaves/Eau de toillettes although each to their own at the end of the day.

I finished off a bottle of 1 Million by Paco Rabbane recently and I was glad to be shot of it if I'm honest - while it is nice, I found it to be a bit strong, bordering on overpowering, for my liking

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Quality of the fragrance I'd imagine, Tom Ford & Creed would be considered a cut above most retail aftershaves/Eau de toillettes although each to their own at the end of the day.

I finished off a bottle of 1 Million by Paco Rabbane recently and I was glad to be shot of it if I'm honest - while it is nice, I found it to be a bit strong, bordering on overpowering, for my liking

Couldn't agree more one millions is very overpowering for me struggling to use it up myself

Advertisement