Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, I stumbled upon Lagerfeldt Classic in US and bought a bottle.
    It's a very strong smell so a tiny bit is plenty.

I still have most of it left even after years.
    It's my favourite though.

T2e_C16_RHJG8_FGrlqh_Twm_BSI1r_Z5bw_60_35.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

L'Homme Parfum Intense is much nicer than Oud Wood IMO. You get much more compliments with it anyway and at a fraction of the price. Creed and Tom Ford are for people who carry around those tacky leather overnight bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Red Crow wrote: »
    L'Homme Parfum Intense is much nicer than Oud Wood IMO. You get much more compliments with it anyway and at a fraction of the price. Creed and Tom Ford are for people who carry around those tacky leather overnight bags.

Awful stuff, but each to their own. Over-powering, little longevity and smells like something i just cant think of right now, sorry. Could be Black Code actually. Very boring really.

I'd also query your "much more compliments" with it compared to a Creed or TF, now im not calling you liar, but its simply bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Slattsy wrote: »
    Awful stuff, but each to their own. Over-powering, little longevity and smells like something i just cant think of right now, sorry. Could be Black Code actually. Very boring really.

I'd also query your "much more compliments" with it compared to a Creed or TF, now im not calling you liar, but its simply bull****.

Why would I lie about that? Seems pretty draft tbh. You must be a huge fan of Creed Aventus and I've learned that it's very hard to argue with the die hard fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Got my new bottle of Armani Code for the Christmas, love that stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Did a lot and I mean a lot of aftershave sniffing today :) and found it very difficult to find my next purchase for Christmas , it came down to Hugo boss orange , or the Gucci Sport both nice and not too expensive IMO and even now I'm not too sure.

Had a wiff of issey miyake (original) it smelled like lemon pledge. Rotten stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Red Crow wrote: »
    Why would I lie about that? Seems pretty draft tbh. You must be a huge fan of Creed Aventus and I've learned that it's very hard to argue with the die hard fans!

If you read the thread you'd find my opinion is quite the opposite regarding Aventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Raf32 wrote: »
    Got my new bottle of Armani Code for the Christmas, love that stuff :D

The Red one? Haven't had it in a while, but I'm a fan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi
    Where can I buy reasonably priced aftershave in Dublin? Or any online website where I can order it?
    I am not looking for expensive branded ones over 20 euros.

Hi
    Where can I buy reasonably priced aftershave in Dublin? Or any online website where I can order it?

Right now, there's a sale in Debenhams on Henry St. Some stuff 50% off.

Picked up Burburry Touch, the big sized one, for 30 Euro yesterday, which in incredible value.

Spotted a few there for under 20 euro as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Hi

Paul Smith's "Extreme" is a good'un for €20

thank you.

Is that afershave? where can I check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Was given that as a work gift before and while it's solid for the price, I wasn't a fan of it myself - there was a pepper-like scent off it, That said, it's advertised as being a woody and spicy fragrance but there was an element to it that just put it over the edge for me

Absolutely give it a whiff to see if you're interested because €20 is quite good for Paul Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

thank you.

Is that afershave? where can I check it out?

Yes, it's a nice aftershave, I always keep a bottle around, distinctive smell, so maybe try before you buy.
    Available in Boots & any half decent chemist

ok
    i will check out boots tomorrow.

hows Jovan musk aftershave? a friend told me its quite popular and costs 15 euros only...

Knex. wrote: »
    The Red one? Haven't had it in a while, but I'm a fan as well.

It is indeed, cant beat it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Quite fond of kiehl's "original musk".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Raf32 wrote: »
    It is indeed, cant beat it in my opinion

I haven't tried the red Sport Code. Although I'm pretty sure I'd like it. I used to have the normal Armani Code and it's one of my favourite fragrances. I have Armani Code Summer at the moment; basically it's less powerful than the normal one, and suited for day-wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Tried Issei Miyaki Intense. It was quite nice. Might be my choice for a new fragrance.

I haven't tried the red Sport Code. Although I'm pretty sure I'd like it. I used to have the normal Armani Code and it's one of my favourite fragrances. I have Armani Code Summer at the moment; basically it's less powerful than the normal one, and suited for day-wear.

If you like the normal one you will like the red sport one too, tbh you cant get a bad one from armani imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Happy Christmas to me, my present of a Creed package arrived yesterday containing a bottle of Aventus and two samples, one being Green Irish Tweed and the other Tabarome :D

Paully D wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to me, my present of a Creed package arrived yesterday containing a bottle of Aventus and two samples, one being Green Irish Tweed and the other Tabarome :D

I'm expecting biweekly updates at a minimum, Paully! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

Had a sniff of tom ford oud wood last night in bt cork and while nice couldn't see myself parting with 145 euro for it,saw a bottle of creed for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Polo%20Ralph%20Lauren_Fragrance_4.jpg

Havana by Aramis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

I use Euphoria,not too Ott and nice smell says the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bulgari Aqua is a winner with the ladies, it's so nice my 'so called' mates have stolen every bottle I've ever bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Bought a sample of creed aventus , gets better the longer you have it on. Was sceptical as to why its so expensive but when you smell it you'll know why. Problem is I'm gonna have to buy a full bottle now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Gandalph wrote: »
    Bulgari Aqua is a winner with the ladies, it's so nice my 'so called' mates have stolen every bottle I've ever bought.
    Had aqva before - have a bottle of a summer version of it I was given as a gift and it's not as nice.

A buddy has Bvlgari Man and it's very nice I have to say, mentioned he's had plenty of compliments from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bought a sample of creed aventus , gets better the longer you have it on. Was sceptical as to why its so expensive but when you smell it you'll know why. Problem is I'm gonna have to buy a full bottle now :(

The longevity is what I really like about it. Most fragrances, even those renowned for having good longevity, never last very long on my skin but Creed is the exception for me.

€100 for a 30ml bottle and two 3ml samples of other fragrances they have. It's expensive, sure, but keep it for occasional use and 30ml will go quite a distance.

Go for it :)

Advertisement