Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was in bt cork on Friday and the creed bottles were 175 and 220 iirc,ordered a sample online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

ofcork wrote: »
    Was in bt cork on Friday and the creed bottles were 175 and 220 iirc,ordered a sample online.

I got the 120ml bottle from Harrods last Christmas for £160. I went looking for something different but at £160 I couldn't turn that down.

Don't know where the best place to buy online but I'd go to BT in town if I was purchasing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ofcork

Checked bt site there,the 120ml is 220,the 75ml is 175 and the 30ml is 105,would the 30ml be very small I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

D'Agger wrote: »
    Had aqva before - have a bottle of a summer version of it I was given as a gift and it's not as nice.

A buddy has Bvlgari Man and it's very nice I have to say, mentioned he's had plenty of compliments from it.

Is the summer one the lighter blue version? I have only ever tried the darker blue bottle.

Interesting will have to check out Man

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RodVelvet

Allbeauty has Aventus 120ml for 180, don't think they had it the last time I got GIT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Allbeauty has Aventus 120ml for 180, don't think they had it the last time I got GIT.

I don't trust online resellers with top of the range fragrances. A lot of resellers sell defective or aged bottles of creed for a lesser price to attract bargain hunters. Although it may appear to be the same product it's not, it's substandard, albeit slightly, and it definitely is noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is the summer one the lighter blue version? I have only ever tried the darker blue bottle.

Interesting will have to check out Man

Correct - it's basically a lighter version of the original.

The original is far better imo but check it out anyway, I keep it in the gym bag anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur
    Helmut Lang - Cologne (not made anymore but available from ebay *for a price*)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

that aber crombie and fitch sems to makes the "moths flaps fluter" lol :P

try it out if you havent or havent heard of it already ,i think its nice , even tho i smell like a lad going through pubity lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

In Madrid airport right now. Some fragrances at the duty free are really cheap, even top brands. Must raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

The price of that creed is outrageous,its daft to pay that much for a little bottle of smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    The price of that creed is outrageous,its daft to pay that much for a little bottle of smell.

It would depend on what you think you are paying for I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

This is a long shot.

For the past few months I've been trying to get my hands on a bottle of Lynx Phoenix Aftershave. I know its no longer produced and I have tried eBay and been unlucky the rare occasions it pops up.

So - anybody know of any bottles not being used, or on sale, or just lying around? Or any advice as to how I might appropriate a bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

hedgehog2 wrote: »

Worth every cent IMO

Thread merged to help Dortilolma find some aftershave, helpful posts only please

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

D'Agger wrote: »
    Thread merged to help Dortilolma find some aftershave, helpful posts only please

Cheers D'Agger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I rotate between the following and I love all three:

Vera Wang for Men
    Gentleman (Givenchy)
    Terres (Hermes)

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm looking for an evening/night time fragrance (something not too OTT though!) I've just finished a bottle of Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I just got Invictus at the weekend. Nicest new fragrance Ive had in a while and it lasts a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm looking for an evening/night time fragrance (something not too OTT though!) I've just finished a bottle of Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier. Any suggestions?

I'm wearing Armani Code at the moment. It's really nice and not too OTT. :)

Boots are doing a presentation box with 4 Armani sample jars in it for 30 euro as a gift set at the minute. Good way to get decent sized samples of Armani fragrances to try out without committing big money to something you may not like after a wear or two. ;)

Here it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm wearing Armani Code at the moment. It's really nice and not too OTT. :)

Boots are doing a presentation box with 4 Armani sample jars in it for 30 euro as a gift set at the minute. Good way to get decent sized samples of Armani fragrances to try out without committing big money to something you may not like after a wear or two. ;)

Here it is...

I had Armani Code before and I realllly liked it. I'd get a bottle of that again, but I have the 'summer' version at the moment.

But the 4 small fragances in one box is a good idea, I might get that, thanks.

+1 on armani code, I've had a bottle of it in my collection for a number of years, would consider it my no.1 evening/night out fragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, i realise i may come across as a pretentious **** on this thread at times (sorry) but with regard to Armani Code, do you not see a problem with wearing an after shave that chances are every second lad is wearing too?
    It is a grand shmell, but its waaaay too common and that's why i dont wear anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads, i realise i may come across as a pretentious **** on this thread at times (sorry) but with regard to Armani Code, do you not see a problem with wearing an after shave that chances are every second lad is wearing too?
    It is a grand shmell, but its waaaay too common and that's why i dont wear anything like it.

I'd have the same issue with paco rabanne one million, everybody wearing it overpowers the senses a little

I'd have the same issue with paco rabanne one million, everybody wearing it overpowers the senses a little

And One Million is very similar to Armani Code - so doing the maths im estimating 91.3% of men in the country smell very alike lol :D

And One Million is very similar to Armani Code - so doing the maths im estimating 91.3% of men in the country smell very alike lol :D

Jesus no, two totally distinctive smells, no way should anyone think they smell alike imo

No? I think they are.
    Both very citrusy at the start but Code finishes way better.

No? I think they are.
    Both very citrusy at the start but Code finishes way better.

Maybe my nose is smelling something different, but paco seems to be more pungent, fuller & not at all citrusy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Paco rabanne - pour homme or Hugo - XY are my usual
    Just bought Davidoff - adventure, very nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

Santa just (well my daughter actually:) )brought me Lynch,my wife is all over me,heeeeeeeeelppppppppp.

Advertisement