Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomlad123

Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase fragrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Well I hope it's the one I got in Argos yesterday at half price, or she can fcuk off....
    Happy Christmas Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Prada EDT is great

I also love the Molton Brown Black Pepper Range although if you are not careful it can get a bit over powering.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gillo wrote: »
    Prada EDT is great

I also love the Molton Brown Black Pepper Range although if you are not careful it can get a bit over powering.

+1 on the Molten Brown Black Pepper range.

I think what makes it nicer for me is I only use it for "special occasions" and not every day, but yeah it's amazing.
    One of the lads in work go a hell of a fright when I told him how much I'd paid for a bottle of shower gel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Can someone suggest a good, somewhat expensive fragrance for a 17 year old? I'd like something unique, though I don't want to end up smelling like a 40+ year old. I bought some 1 Million which I like a lot, but I dislike the fact that so many people wear it, I'd be looking to spend up to about €80 per 100ml bottle. I'm looking for something that the average person would have never smelled before, and I'm willing to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Chanel allure homme is lovely. I got D&G the one gentleman as a present and thats probqbly the nicest fragrance ive ever had

Can someone suggest a good, somewhat expensive fragrance for a 17 year old? I'd like something unique, though I don't want to end up smelling like a 40+ year old. I bought some 1 Million which I like a lot, but I dislike the fact that so many people wear it, I'd be looking to spend up to about €80 per 100ml bottle. I'm looking for something that the average person would have never smelled before, and I'm willing to order online.

Try Clinique Happy, it's quite "citrusy" (if that makes sense). I often wear it during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Perhaps the Carolina Herrera 212 range? Distinctive & long lasting. Viktor & Rolf spicebomb is a lovely winter smell. Polo red, allure sport & bleu both by Chanel. Just a few that I've had experience of & like.
    Sales are on at the moment, get down to your local dept store, spray a few on the testers, but, make sure you spray the most likely candidate on yourself & have a walk around for 20 mins. See how it settles on your skin & reacts to you. Just because something smells good on a mate, doesn't necessarily mean it'll smell good on you, and vice versa

Definitely some great suggestions, did a quick search on some of these and some of them seem like exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Versace pour homme has to be my favourite fragrance,never really smelled it off anyone often,surprised it isn't more popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

You're not going to get anything too unique. But Polo Ralph Lauren Red is awesome and you can get it in Debenhams for ~€80.

If you're looking for something extraordinary you'll have to import and I don't have much experience with foreign fragrance tbh. You're better off playing it reasonably safe and sticking with a premium high street brand. Obviously you're shopping a level below the Creeds and TFs of this world but you'll get a nice bottle of something for 80 euro. As long as you don't buy One Million or Jean Paul Gaultier then you should be pretty unique in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Dior Higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Anyone know of any exceptional bargains in Colognes/After Shaves after the Christmas? Been looking online but cant see any BIG reductions in expensive smells. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone know of any exceptional bargains in Colognes/After Shaves after the Christmas? Been looking online but cant see any BIG reductions in expensive smells. :)

You won't really find big reductions in expensive smells mate. The generic ones will often be available at cheaper prices, but you won't find exceptional bargains on the top, expensive brands.

Red Crow wrote: »
    You're not going to get anything too unique. But Polo Ralph Lauren Red is awesome and you can get it in Debenhams for ~€80.

If you're looking for something extraordinary you'll have to import and I don't have much experience with foreign fragrance tbh. You're better off playing it reasonably safe and sticking with a premium high street brand. Obviously you're shopping a level below the Creeds and TFs of this world but you'll get a nice bottle of something for 80 euro. As long as you don't buy One Million or Jean Paul Gaultier then you should be pretty unique in Ireland :pac:
    Thanks for the suggestion, not really looking to be too unique, just to stand out. Anyone know any sites online which are good to order fragrances from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Got myself some CK encounter today, really enjoying it.Reminds me of an aftershave I had before but cant seem to pin it down, some armani one maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Lacoste Red and Burberry Touch for men have been my two go-to's for the past number of years.

Really like them both and don't think they're as common as one would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭uptherebels

hugo boss- energise
    women i have worked with have bought this for their boyfriends after smelling it on me

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Got Gucci Made to Measure as an Xmas present from wifey. It's lovely. And one lady friend has commented that it is 'delish'.

http://www.gucci.com/us/category/m/fragrance

I also have Armani Code for going out/evening wear.

For day/work I have Boss by Hugo Boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Does anyone have that 212 sexy men one?

I had if before but gave it away, can't remember why, but thinking of getting it again after hearing a lot of people, particularly female, rave about it.
    I would love to have this fragrance, but, a colleague of mine has it. He is a 58 year old asswipe. And he comes in every morning and he can be smelled before he can be seen.

So, as I said, I'd love to have it. But.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭wandererz

Over the past 12 years I've stuck to a few listed below from latest to oldest.
    I seem to have received compliments on most or all of them at some point or other. All of them unexpectedly, out of the blue, so must be doing something right.

Currently :
    - Opus 1870 (Penhaligons, London)
    - John Varvatos (John Varvatos) - great stuff, I can't seem to find it in Ireland, initially bought online a few years back and recently replenished at an airport duty free.

Previously :
    - Juniper Sling (Penhaligon's) - lovely stuff - was a Xmas gift from mother-in-law so didn't think much of it until i tried it - will get this again.

- John Varvatos
    - Terre d'Hermes
    - Pi (Givenchy)

The Penhaligon's stuff is reasonably expensive (about £100) but worthwhile and generally lasts more than a year if you have another cologne.

I generally have two decent colognes which i switch between.
    I also find that if you get something sophisticated and not generally available in Ireland then there is a better response from people (both women and men).

The problem with buying something online without "sampling the fragrance" is that you risk buying something you don't like.

Penhaligon's for example have a large range and some of them i wouldn't touch fo one reason or another.

So make sure you do a bit of research and get a few reviews (i tend to listen to the ones posted by women - i. e. "my boyfriend/husband/etc/ wears this.... "

Finally got around to trying my Green Irish Tweed sample. It's a great fragrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The best, probably.

Slattsy wrote: »
    The best, probably.

I think I'd still just about rate Aventus above it, but a bit more wearing of Green Irish Tweed may well change that opinion.

Creed's are the only fragrances that last all day on me that I really like, so no doubt I'll end up purchasing a bottle of it soon :pac:

Also got a sample of Tabarome but I'm not too sure about it. I don't think it's for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I only wear cologne on nights out. Nivea For Men and FCUK Bodyspray do me during the day. With regards to colognes, Red Lacoste was always my old reliable after I got it as a gift a few years back...have been using PR 1 Million for a bit now but I don't really like the it and every lad my age uses it too. Looking for something new...for nightclubs/bars etc. I'm 19 if that makes any difference. Price I'm not too worried about but yeah decently priced. Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I got D&G The One Gentleman as a Christmas present and I love it. As a previous poster said you won't see them reduced much but they do drop in price over time. I paid €52 for my Armani Diamonds last June and it's now €40 ish

My favourite everyday fragrance for work etc would be David Beckham 'Intimately'. The longevity is average, but I just love the smell of it. That's reflected in the price, but at around €15 on special for a 50ml bottle you can't go too far wrong.

t_24740.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thread Resurrection.

Looking for opinions & advice...

Firstly; I want to get a 'summer' fragrance. I was thinking Fierce, as I really really like it but everyone seems to be wearing it these days. Any suggestions? Max €70 so it rules out Creeds etc.

Secondly; opinions on Spicebomb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

cson wrote: »
    Thread Resurrection.

Looking for opinions & advice...

Firstly; I want to get a 'summer' fragrance. I was thinking Fierce, as I really really like it but everyone seems to be wearing it these days. Any suggestions? Max €70 so it rules out Creeds etc.

Secondly; opinions on Spicebomb?

If you like Fierce then you should definitely check out Chanel Platinum Egoiste. Beautiful fragrance, similar to Fierce, but a little more 'mature' and refined than Fierce.

Advertisement