Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

cson wrote: »
    Firstly; I want to get a 'summer' fragrance. I was thinking Fierce, as I really really like it but everyone seems to be wearing it these days. Any suggestions? Max €70 so it rules out Creeds etc.

The Bulgari Aqua summer fragrance is lovely, I also really like D&G Light Blue it's got a very subtle smell.

Started wearing Pi from Givency and it's so nice, friends seem to like having a little spray of it after the gym too so it must be a bit of a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cheers lads. Have D&G Light Blue alright, good summer fragrance. I'll look into Egoiste; hopefully Boots/Debenhams/BTs will have a tester.

Currently rotating;
    Tom Ford - Noir
    Hermés - Terre De Hermés
    Chanel - Bleu De Chanel
    DKNY - DKNY For Men (Work)
    D&G - The One (Work)

Like them all but don't love any of them in particular. Terre is probably my favourite but it strikes me as an 'older' fragrance (I'm 25).

So hopefully Egoiste or something similar will be added to the line up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I picked up a Mont Blanc one, that was similar to Fierce on the cheap before. I'll try and remember the name for you in a bit. Black bottle with a silver cap, anyway.

Doesn't last as long/isn't as strong, but it smells quite nice. Got it in Arnotts for under 30 quid, I think. Can't go wrong for that price, and I've been complimented on it a few times too.

Think it might be Mont Blanc Legend, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Looking to get a summer fragrance with the parents going abroad next week they've kindly offered to pick a bottle up for me.

Thinking Bvlgari Man or Bvlgari Aqva - I had aqva light up until recently which I wasn't overly fond of - I had the original aqva before and thought that was a much nicer fragrance.

A strong scent without being overpowering is what I want - Bleu de Channel was something I wore quite a bit this time last year but thought it was a bit heavy for summer.

Think I saw here a recomendation for Aqua De Gio by Armani - must give that a look also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Can't beat Clinique happy for men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do you all think of Bleu de Chanel lads? I picked it up as present a while back and it has really grown on me. The longevity and projection is not as good as I hoped but it still gets quite a few compliments during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Paully D wrote: »
    What do you all think of Bleu de Chanel lads? I picked it up as present a while back and it has really grown on me. The longevity and projection is not as good as I hoped but it still gets quite a few compliments during the day.

Aye, it has gotten a few compliments alright. Projects well and good longevity for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Paully D wrote: »

I got some samples, quite nice and Mrs boobar likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

brinty wrote: »
    Can't beat Clinique happy for men

Yes, yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Chanel Allure Homme Sport is still my favourite. I love my D&G one but Chanel is still up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

At the moment... Uomo by Valentino.

G_196039640_50_20140120?fmt=jpg&layer=0&size=450,600&wid=450&hei=600&layer=1&src=G_196039640_50_20140120&size=450,600&qlt=80&resMode=sharp&wid=450&hei=600&op_usm=1,1,0,0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Had a spray of this yesterday, was told by 2 people it smelled great on me, but it nearly made me gag, couldn't wait to wash it off. Anybody have any experience of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I picked up a bottle of Dior Homme at the weekend.
    Lovely fresh clean smell without being overpowering.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Got a bottle of Calvin Klein, Encounter. Really nice.

I picked up a bottle of Dior Homme at the weekend.
    Lovely fresh clean smell without being overpowering.

I've been wearing this daily since I bought it and really loving it.

Someone got me Bleu de Chanel deodorant for my Birthday and I really like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I love the smell of Paco Rabanne aftershave on a man. In particular, the Millionare aftershave is absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Surrati Tom Oudh

Arrived yesterday.

On three separate occasions women complimented me and asked me about the fragrance.

Loving this I tell ya.:D

OldRio wrote: »
    Surrati Tom Oudh

Arrived yesterday.

On three separate occasions women complimented me and asked me about the fragrance.

Loving this I tell ya.:D

Where did you order this from and at what cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ordered off ebay.
    Plenty of company's in the UK selling it.
    It's only 3ml but it is an oil. Comes in a small bottle with a roller at the end.
    It should last a good while.

With postage it cost about 8 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Have a few favourites:

Dior Black (expensive and earthy)
    jean Paul Gaultier Blue.. current favourite (have a few cans around)
    My Go to is Prada Original (purple packaging)
    Armani (green) fantastic fragrance doesnt last long

Ones that I just do not like (and have)
    Issey Miaki
    Million Paco Roban
    4711... the original

Currently have the following:

Armani Code
    Bvlgari Man
    Issey Miaki Sport
    212 NYC
    Gucci Guilty

Covers all the bases I think. Bvlgari, Armani & Gucci would be for nights out or occasions as they're strong fragrances that last. 212 is one that I wear to work and is a bit citrus-y and sharp smelling, Issey Miaki used to do this but is almost gone, it being the sport it smell slightly different from the original and well suited for casual summer wear imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The burd got me a bottle of Issey Miyake for my birthday, can't remember which one off the top of my head but it's pretty damn nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

I'd have to go with Allure Homme Sport, it's probably one of the nicest aftershaves I ever bought. Expensive though, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Can anyone make a few recommendations for a new eau de toilette, going to maybe buy two different ones? I more like citrus light scents like some listed below rather than really heavy woody scents... Some previous ones I have had (hoping to get something different) are:
    Zegna Z Zegna, Cool Water, Channel Allure Homme Sport, Hugo Boss orange, Hugo Boss motion, Hugo Boss Just Different, Hugo Boss Just Men, Acqua Di Gio, Lacoste Pour Homme, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Paca Rabanne Black XS

Favourites were: Hugo Boss Orange/ Just Men/ Boss Eau De Toilette/ Lacoste Pour Homme/ Paco Rabanne Black XS, Channel Allure Homme Sport (Scent didn’t last at all though, maybe 1.5-2 hours max).

Also, aside from above what are peoples current favourite fragrances? Might get two completely different ones. One matching some of the above criteria and one on a whim.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Can anyone make a few recommendations for a new eau de toilette, going to maybe buy two different ones? I more like citrus light scents like some listed below rather than really heavy woody scents... Some previous ones I have had (hoping to get something different) are:
    Zegna Z Zegna, Cool Water, Channel Allure Homme Sport, Hugo Boss orange, Hugo Boss motion, Hugo Boss Just Different, Hugo Boss Just Men, Acqua Di Gio, Lacoste Pour Homme, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Paca Rabanne Black XS

Favourites were: Hugo Boss Orange/ Just Men/ Boss Eau De Toilette/ Lacoste Pour Homme/ Paco Rabanne Black XS, Channel Allure Homme Sport (Scent didn’t last at all though, maybe 1.5-2 hours max).
    I have 212 NYC - ticks citrus and light, good summer fragrance imo

I'd have to go with Allure Homme Sport, it's probably one of the nicest aftershaves I ever bought. Expensive though, but worth it.
    Worth every cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Knex. wrote: »
    I picked up a Mont Blanc one, that was similar to Fierce on the cheap before. I'll try and remember the name for you in a bit. Black bottle with a silver cap, anyway.

Doesn't last as long/isn't as strong, but it smells quite nice. Got it in Arnotts for under 30 quid, I think. Can't go wrong for that price, and I've been complimented on it a few times too.

Think it might be Mont Blanc Legend, actually.

It is yeah, Fierce without the price :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Had a spray of this yesterday, was told by 2 people it smelled great on me, but it nearly made me gag, couldn't wait to wash it off. Anybody have any experience of it?

It's a Marmite frag tbh :D
    I had the B-men and found it revolting, yet people love it ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's a Marmite frag tbh :D
    I had the B-men and found it revolting, yet people love it ffs :rolleyes:

Thierry Mugler A*men is very distinctive and is great if you want to get noticed. It certainly is an acquired taste though as you say.

Advertisement