Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Get on Thierry Mugler's Pure Malt if ye dont like A*Men... nice boozey whiskey scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do most of you guys have a selection of different fragrances or just the same one or 2 you wear all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Do most of you guys have a selection of different fragrances or just the same one or 2 you wear all the time?

Have about 10/12 day ones but play time is always and always will be creed aventus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Wow this thread is like gold, I'm a man in my late 30s and used to have 5/6 different fragrances but with getting married and house and kids and no money I'm literally down to only 1 bottle and it doesn't smell nice at all. I think ill do some retail therapy and get that Bathroom sizzling again. I love my smells .... Well I used to anyway .....:)

I have 2 at the moment but that's really only because I bought Armani Diamonds and didn't like it so bought another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I have about 10 or 12 also. I switch them up quite a bit.
    I was disappointed with the Creed Aventus actually. For me at least it has no staying power and isnt particularly distinctive. I much prefer something like Christian Dior Homme.

I have about 10 or 12 also. I switch them up quite a bit.
    I was disappointed with the Creed Aventus actually. For me at least it has no staying power and isnt particularly distinctive. I much prefer something like Christian Dior Homme.
    I just find that you use so little that a bottle could last a year or more so its not worth having loads. But then I just use a few sprays around my neck, maybe i could use mire

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd normally have 2 or 3 good ones that I alternate, to be honest. Would love more, but finances dictate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I have about 20 or so. I think I have a problem :pac:

glued wrote: »
    I have about 20 or so. I think I have a problem :pac:
    Does seem a little excessive alright!
    I'm thinking of buying a third but just because I have one I don't like already. My dad has Dior Homme and I normally don't like the same ones as him but it's really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Whenever I wear Eternity, I get complements.

It's as if it hypnotizes women into thinking you're good looking or something.

Try it, but don't go mad with it, use it sparingly as women chasing you down the street can be embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

I've about 15 and love picking up a new one or two come pay day every month. Just got the new Summer '14 version of issey miyake l'eau d'issey, not much difference really, stronger kiwi note is about all. Not really worth the money if u have the original but cool to have (Summer 2012 is amazing if ye can find it). Someone earlier in the thread was talking about Tom Oodh, got a sample of that on Ebay and LOVE it. Rochas "Rochas for Men" is like a dark cappucino fragrance, loving that as well. Apparently women love it so we'll see what happens. Finally got my hands on a sample of Creed's aventus (€20 mind you for a 5ml!) and i must say the batch i got (A4210E01) is fantastic as well. Not sure if i could part with €200 for a bottle but watch this space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got a bottle of Hugo Boss Dark Blue last week, wonderful stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

Joop Homme is a lovely one I wear

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Have had the three muskateers for the past 5 years:
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
    Paco Rabanne - 1 Million
    Issey Miyake - l'eau d'issey

Any suggestions for a fourth member?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

I got this new aftershave with breadcrumbs in it.

Seems strange, I know, but the birds love it.

Wizzy2011 wrote: »
    Have had the three muskateers for the past 5 years:
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
    Paco Rabanne - 1 Million
    Issey Miyake - l'eau d'issey

Any suggestions for a fourth member?

Chanel- Allure Homme Sport. You won't regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Chanel Allure Homme vs Allure Homme Sport....
    Is it simply a case that the 'sport' version is for the younger man? Or is it for daytime wear and the original Allure for evening time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I got this new aftershave with breadcrumbs in it.

Seems strange, I know, but the birds love it.

I lol'd :D

Off the get a bottle of Creed today i reckon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Slattsy wrote: »
    Off the get a bottle of Creed today i reckon :)

Which one?

More than likely the Tabarome Milleseme.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Haep a dem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Slattsy wrote: »
    More than likely the Tabarome Milleseme.

Nice choice!

Where are you getting it?

Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Avignon by Commes de Garcons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

It'd be hard to buy the more unusual perfues now. I don't know of anywhere in Ireland that sells non mainstream frags and I dont think you an import perfume anymore. I would really like to try DG Wonderwood, because I like the smell of cedar and pine and wood in general.

OP asked about Spicebob..its not bad, not unpleasant, but to me it just smells like cinnamon so it was a bit of a let down imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just trying out the Creed Aventus sample I got. First reaction to the top note was to scrub it off immediatley. I'm Glad i didn't it's actually great stuff. Still have to try green Irish Tweed, but I think I'll be getting a bottle of Aventus nonetheless.

Where could I pick a bottle up in Dublin? I've a €200 One4all voucher I've had lying around for ages.

Nate

Arnotts.
    You'll get a 30ml bottle there for 105e.

• Advertisement

I don't mind spending a bit for a nice one but €105 for 30ml is a bit too far.

Advertisement