Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

Jo Malone ... Black Cedarwood and Juniper....questioned it when got the tip first but really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ManofStan

212 on ICE: Classic. Tried it first in 2002, maybe its just my personal recollections but there something legendary, something pace setting, about that cologne...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

hey guys,

where do you usually buy your fragrances?
    I'm looking for some at the moment, but I wouldn't mind some decent prices even online.

The thing is I'm not sure what sites can or can't be trusted.
    I had a look on Amazon but some reviewers say they got fakes.
    I like Jean Paul Gaultier and 1 Million the most at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I find Debenhams has a good range - particularly in their Cork, Patrick St. branch

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Both Debenhams and Boots let you order online and collect in store.

It's a good way of seeing the full selection of special offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I usually like to sample before I buy though

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

thanks all, is there generally a big difference in the price of fragrances in the UK and Ireland? (as with most things)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm in the market for a new fragrance. I'm running very low at the moment and I've a bit of cash to spend.

I'm a primary teacher in my mid-twenties, so I'd like one that I could wear in school. I don't want to knock anyone out - a nice subtle smell that isn't overpowering.

I've been looking around and I saw Terre d'Hermes mentioned. €50-60 would be my limit for a bottle. I'll be flying through Birmingham and Dublin over the next two weeks so I might be able to pick something up there (if its any cheaper).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Probably too good to wear to work Jimmy. It's a bloody good scent and probably not one to wear daily.

Hugo Boss are good ones for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

TdeH might be a bit much - also, Yardley citrus and wood is almost exactly the same as TdeH, and Cheaper. Worth Exploring.

I currently like Bleu de Chanel as a daily in the office. The reformulated Fahrenheit is not bad either, subtler than the original.

Nate

I find Hugo Boss a bit overpowering.
    My favourite at the moment is D&G The one Gentleman. Its €61 so may not be suitable, but its worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm in the market for a new fragrance. I'm running very low at the moment and I've a bit of cash to spend.

I'm a primary teacher in my mid-twenties, so I'd like one that I could wear in school. I don't want to knock anyone out - a nice subtle smell that isn't overpowering.

I've been looking around and I saw Terre d'Hermes mentioned. €50-60 would be my limit for a bottle. I'll be flying through Birmingham and Dublin over the next two weeks so I might be able to pick something up there (if its any cheaper).

Some fragrances that I like to wear during the day (and so could be suitable for wear in school) would be:

Clinique Happy for Men
    Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc
    D&G Light Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Acca Kappa White Moss is perfect for during the day, a very clean and fresh fragrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Chanel Allure Homme Sport is what I'd normally wear during work, got a couple of comments from the girls I share the office with. Sometimes throw on a bit of V&R Spicebomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I've been wearing Isset Miyake Intense for a while. Always had good comments about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

got a couple of comments from the girls I share the office with. .

I'd report that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I was gifted a bottle of brut by zegna at Christmas,only got around to opening it recently,really pricey stuff but its very nice,the women seem to like it too

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

Jean Paul Gaultier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

walshb wrote: »
    I'd report that!:)

If you think that's bad, one of them snuck up behind me one day just to smell me when I was wearing A&F Fierce :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a few out today and I've settled on the Lacoste.

£28 for 100ml on Amazon - can't go wrong with that. It's £9 more in the duty free with a discount as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

CK One is nice and light. You cant go wrong with it. I like it, but Chanel De Bleu is my favourite. But probably a bit much for a primary school

hfallada wrote: »
    CK One is nice and light. You cant go wrong with it. I like it, but Chanel De Bleu is my favourite. But probably a bit much for a primary school

Bleu de chanel? I have the deodorant spray and I like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Men ...if you want to impress the ladies scent wise wear female deodorant!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 slavik

Tom Ford for Men, Terre d'Hermes, Lacoste Pour Homme and if you're feeling old school Pinaud Clubman, which is a barbershop scent,you can get it online for about 10 dollars..but don't be put off by the price its unreal, its a real manly fragrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I ask this in all seriousness: Have any of you fine gentlemen ever purchased the official Sex Panther cologne and if so, can you please give me an insight as to what it smells like? I'm thinking of getting it for my brother as a gag present this Xmas but if it smells like pure gasoline, I might give it a miss! :pac:
    Regarding scents that I like, Paco Rabbane Black XS is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

McChubbin wrote: »
    I ask this in all seriousness: Have any of you fine gentlemen ever purchased the official Sex Panther cologne and if so, can you please give me an insight as to what it smells like? I'm thinking of getting it for my brother as a gag present this Xmas but if it smells like pure gasoline, I might give it a miss! :pac:
    Regarding scents that I like, Paco Rabbane Black XS is gorgeous!

Smells like pure gasoline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It stings the nostrils.... but in a good way! :pac:
    On a serious note, I looked into it online and apparently the actual stuff smells like juniper and sandalwood which sounds quite nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a few out today and I've settled on the Lacoste.

£28 for 100ml on Amazon - can't go wrong with that. It's £9 more in the duty free with a discount as well.

Link?

• Advertisement

Cologne smells like vinegar

Advertisement