Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

keane2097 wrote: »
    Link?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004STJ0UU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ABXWT8UK166A3

Only 7 left. Don't order before me.

EDIT: 6 six now. I just ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anybody have experience with Jimmy Choo Man?

Came across it while on holidays but didn't pick it up. Didn't see anything that tickled my fancy in the duty free coming home so thinking of picking up a bottle tomorrow when the wages roll in

D'Agger wrote: »
    Anybody have experience with Jimmy Choo Man?

Came across it while on holidays but didn't pick it up. Didn't see anything that tickled my fancy in the duty free coming home so thinking of picking up a bottle tomorrow when the wages roll in
    To update, I got paid and I picked up a 50ml bottle with shower gel for €45 & very happy with it.

Would put it in the same bracket as Armani Code, Bleu de Channel etc. It's a nice manly scent but not overpowering so think it'll be a handy one to have heading into Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

D'Agger wrote: »
    To update, I got paid and I picked up a 50ml bottle with shower gel for €45 & very happy with it.

Would put it in the same bracket as Armani Code, Bleu de Channel etc. It's a nice manly scent but not overpowering so think it'll be a handy one to have heading into Winter.
    I tried it today and I liked it. Good call Dags. You got it online?
    Both Arnotts and Debenhams are doing a 10% discount on gift sets, which is fine.

Barna77 wrote: »
    I tried it today and I liked it. Good call Dags. You got it online?
    Both Arnotts and Debenhams are doing a 10% discount on gift sets, which is fine.
    Got it in The Perfume Shop - they're in Dundrum I'd imagine - they're in Mahon Point in Cork or you can buy online from them.

Must check out Debenhams, that 10% could prove useful if I get a 100ml bottle of Armani Code!

• Advertisement

Cool. I'll check that out.

EDIT: The Perfume Shop only delivers within the UK. But checked one of their Dublin shops.
    Roll on payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Mont Blanc Legend on sale in boots, but it says with a free 100ml bottle of shower gel. Yet when you zoom into the picture, it's clearly aftershave balm. Anyone bought off boots before and know if one is likely to get the balm or gel?

http://www.boots.ie/en/Montblanc-LEGEND-Eau-de-Toilette-50ml-Gift-Set_1507381/

Wouldn't mind opinions on the smell either, just for arguments sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mark Jacobs bang or Jean paul gautier for work
    Once weekend comes its creed aventus if I got a euro for every time I got complimented with it Id nearly gave enough for a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Mark Jacobs bang or Jean paul gautier for work
    Once weekend comes its creed aventus if I got a euro for every time I got complimented with it Id nearly gave enough for a bottle

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male for work....? :confused:
    Is it not a bit powerful/overwhelming for the day time?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Wouldn't mind opinions on the smell either, just for arguments sake!

I have Mont Blanc Legend, nice scent, similiar I would say to something like grey Lacoste pour homme, or to Channel Allure homme sport, that kinda fresh sweetish scent (Im not good at comparing scents!) but its similiar to them in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Went to Boots yesterday to buy some plasters... and ended up buying this
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Tommy-Cologne-Spray-100ml_3160
    "American dream " hahaha :pac:

Alright enough to wear for work, and just €21

Barna77 wrote: »
    Went to Boots yesterday to buy some plasters... and ended up buying this
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Tommy-Cologne-Spray-100ml_3160
    "American dream " hahaha :pac:

Alright enough to wear for work, and just €21
    Good value and a solid fragrance - had it a few years back, didn't return as I found stuff I prefer more but as you said - for work you can't go wrong at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Anyone here have Lancome Hypnose Homme, Paco Rabanne XS Pour Homme (Is it similiar to Black XS, as I have had that previously) or Clinique Happy for men? Any comparisons or what are they like, nice fragrances?

Just looking on the debenhams site and the Lancome and Paco Rabanne ones are half price.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123302900199_-1

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123194900299_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male for work....? :confused:
    Is it not a bit powerful/overwhelming for the day time?

I've worn it in work frequently (sparingly!) and been complimented by women on it and they usually ask what it is...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've worn it in work frequently (sparingly!) and been complimented by women on it and they usually ask what it is...:)

Fair play then! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Green Irish Tweed on the way soon as a Christmas present to myself. I purchased Aventus for the same reason last year and got the free Green Irish Tweed sample with it which I loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Paully D wrote: »
    Green Irish Tweed on the way soon as a Christmas present to myself. I purchased Aventus for the same reason last year and got the free Green Irish Tweed sample with it which I loved.

Nice choice! I thought both the Green Irish Tweed and the Silver mountain Water samples were better than Aventus to be honest. Don't know was it because I only got a sample of both or what but I wouldnt buy Aventus again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Any places in Dublin selling Serge Lutens - preferably the "l'eau froide" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭xmasking

I have created my own special scent for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭xmasking

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Cologne smells like vinegar

agreed

I got this for free. Airline free goodies :)

http://www.bulgari.com/en-us/products/83109-e.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Paully D wrote: »

Was in Harvey nicks today they have all the aventus stuff priced wrong
    Got a 120 ml for 188 euro yet one says were selling a lot of this recently
    No wonder it's 240 in bt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aventus - meh
    GIT - oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Dunhill desire (red). its an oldie. not many places have it, if any. my number 1.
    Armani remix is another. discontinued so is pricey.
    Gucci Guilty or Armani code are my everyday wearers.

jackrussel wrote: »
    Dunhill desire (red). its an oldie. not many places have it, if any. my number 1.
    Armani remix is another. discontinued so is pricey.
    Gucci Guilty or Armani code are my everyday wearers.

+1 on these - two very nice scents

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Got 212 VIP today in Debenhams and I'm really liking it it's not too expensive and will be a great night time fragrance.

I also got that lidl after shave off a friend as a joke and I can't remember what its called. How ever it doesn't smell half bad at all kind of like Boss Bottled. I might wear it for going to the shops and that sort of thing as its not expensive but doesn't smell half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Corvo

Chanel Bleu. Very nice, wear it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Help wanted please-present for husband but can't decide which is nicer........

Armani Code or Hugo Boss Bottled Night?

Or other just as nice scents?? I have no idea!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

kinda depends on what you like doesn't it? i mean my OH bought alien for herself. i like it so when she runs low on it i get it refilled. i also ask the lady behind the counter, its always the same lady i go to there & she knows her stuff, whats does she think is nice at the time and get that as well.
    Code is nice, i wear it a lot of the time. i'm not a fan of the HB range. i have two, never wear, but usually get gifted some for Christmas, i sell them then in January. check back a few posts for ideas

Advertisement