Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Avoid Armani Code at all costs.

Unless he wants to smell like every second lad out there. Which he may be happy to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Slattsy wrote: »

Unless he wants to smell like every second lad out there. Which he may be happy to do.
    Little dramatic isn't it? Do you have a memory bank built up with all the fragrances you smell on women, to such a degree that you'll notice/care if one is wearing a fragrance that happens to be popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Help wanted please-present for husband but can't decide which is nicer........

Armani Code or Hugo Boss Bottled Night?

Or other just as nice scents?? I have no idea!

Thanks.

What's the budget? Terre D'Hermes is what I'd go for, or Spicebomb by Victor and Rolf. You might spend 60 yoyo on a 50ml bottle though, so it's a bit more expensive.

Code is probably the nicer of those two, but fairly popular as has been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks for the replies-ah I just like a nice masculine smell, not sweet or soft if you know what I mean. There's a Hugo Boss one on offer in Boots at the min but I smelled it yesterday and it was v.sweet, not nice at all. I just heard the Bottles Night was lovely though.

The last one I bought him was a Ralph Lauren one which he loved. The budget would be about €80 and i'd want to geta 100ml bottle.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I've worn it in work frequently (sparingly!) and been complimented by women on it and they usually ask what it is...:)

Just saw this on bargain alerts: 18.74 for 75ml bottle of it. Could be good value for a christmas gift, nice fragrance especially at that price.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057345947

• Advertisement

Little dramatic isn't it? Do you have a memory bank built up with all the fragrances you smell on women, to such a degree that you'll notice/care if one is wearing a fragrance that happens to be popular?

Yip

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Any one have any recommendations for a cheap enough fragrance from Debenhams as I've a credit note to spend.

At the moment I'm mainly using Polo Red, Spicebomb, Allure Home and JPG le Male and Boss Bottled Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Slattsy wrote: »

Not as popular a fragrance as you'd think - certainly around my neck of the woods

I'd agree with that statement if you were talking about One Million by Paco Rabane but not Armani Code which is one of my favourites.

• Site Banned Posts: 22 Heavy Pierre

Aqua do Gio. Subtle but fair nice stink off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Help wanted please-present for husband but can't decide which is nicer........

Armani Code or Hugo Boss Bottled Night?

Or other just as nice scents?? I have no idea!

Thanks.

I think I'm going to go with Bleu de Chanel.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Some of my personal favourites:

-Fahrenheit (Dior)
    -Energise (Hugo Boss)
    -Black Code (Armani)
    -Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

What scent would be considered a classic? maybe thats been a constant over the past decade or more???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Glebee wrote: »
    What scent would be considered a classic? maybe thats been a constant over the past decade or more???

Ck one?

Old spice if you want to be really classy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

CK One was the first to my mind as well. It was launched way back in 1994.

I actually only got some for the first time a couple of months ago. It's a 10ml travel size. Nice fragrance for day wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Pinaud Clubman is the classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

jackrussel wrote: »
    Gucci Guilty or Armani code are my everyday wearers.

I got a sample of Armani Code with last months Mens Health magazine and really liked it. I'll probably pick it up for everyday wear over Christmas. I'm also looking for another one so I'll try out Gucci Guilty.

Any other suggestions please lads? I already have Bleu de Chanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Paully D wrote: »
    I got a sample of Armani Code with last months Mens Health magazine and really liked it. I'll probably pick it up for everyday wear over Christmas. I'm also looking for another one so I'll try out Gucci Guilty.

Any other suggestions please lads? I already have Bleu de Chanel.
    I use or have used those scents and would like them so we may have similar taste - I'd recommend Jimmy Choo Men - got it recently and recommended it on this thread - might be to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone recommend anything in the sales in Dublin? Heading in shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Versace man,the one with the silver face on the bottle.I'd wear it every day for the rest of my life,people are always asking me what I'm wearing.only certain shops seem to stock it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

The second one with the round silver badge on it.

Fcuk it I'm buying another bottle! Damn you amazon

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Anyone recommend anything in the sales in Dublin? Heading in shortly.

Only ever sales on the sets, think Debenhams have 20 or 30% off the generic stuff.

Dont think any of the decent stuff is ever on sale :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I like Clinique Happy...

Nice fresh smell that can be worn every day...Mrs boobar likes it too

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I got Jimmy Choo Man recently. It's nice but Calvin Klein Encounter was a bit 'lighter'. (Smell is almost impossible to put in to words!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I use

Chanel Allure Sport
    Boss Night
    Boss Orange
    Boss (Clear Bottle)

They all smell so fresh and ive used them for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Hitting the BIG 28 this week, need to ditch the Hollister/Abercrombie teenage scents, any of you kind gentlemen recommend a nice scent for me to invent in?

GeneralC wrote: »
    Hitting the BIG 28 this week, need to ditch the Hollister/Abercrombie teenage scents, any of you kind gentlemen recommend a nice scent for me to invent in?

Read the bloody thread ;)
    Or edit to how only my posts :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The good old Fahrenheit is the way to go. Never gets old. Beautiful fragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

GeneralC wrote: »

I have been using Armani Mania (Men version, watch out there's the girls one as well) for years. Funny fact is that I discovered it by chance - it was given to me as a clearly "recycled gift" years ago; Guess the aunt who gave it to me never realized how expensive the stuff was.

It's very nice and elegant, not overpowering like most men's perfumes tend to be. A lot of people have been asking me what scent I was wearing over the years, sometimes complete strangers stopping me in a bar/pub/restaurant, and even had a couple of female friends and one girlfriend admitting it had a..."peculiar"...effect on them. But most importantly, I really like it.

I am also very fond of Hugo Boss, both the deodorant version (for everyday use like the office) and the proper fragrance - the one in the completely black bottle especially (I forget the name, sorry!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

The second one with the round silver badge on it.

Fcuk it I'm buying another bottle! Damn you amazon

Had a sniff of that today but cannot buy on Amazon. Wont ship to Ireland but also wont ship to Parcel Motel in the North. What's the story with that?

Advertisement