Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

statto25 wrote: »
    Had a sniff of that today but cannot buy on Amazon. Wont ship to Ireland but also wont ship to Parcel Motel in the North. What's the story with that?

Funny they shipped a bottle for me from amazon,I'm still waiting on it though.some sellers on amazon will only ship to certain places I got mine from a company called mb cosmetics through amazon.I do know that debenhams used to stock it an I've seen it once in a Sam macauleys chemist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Was in Boots this morning and had a look for the versace recommended above but couldn't see it. They did however have the 'Versace Man Fraiche' which was very nice. Might pick up a bottle. Seems expensive in Boots though, €33 for 30ml if I'm not mistaken, whereas as 100ml online is only a few euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Someone got me Chanel Allure Homme for Christmas. Probably the nicest EDT I have ever used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Chanel pour monsieur

Channel Allure

Issey Miyake

Gucci

Boss

Hugo Boss Orange

Le Male by JPG

Christian Dior

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Was in Boots this morning and had a look for the versace recommended above but couldn't see it. They did however have the 'Versace Man Fraiche' which was very nice. Might pick up a bottle. Seems expensive in Boots though, €33 for 30ml if I'm not mistaken, whereas as 100ml online is only a few euro cheaper.
    For anyone interested, the 100ml is available on Amazon for approx €37, only 1 bottle left! (It says two but I just bought one!). Need to deliver to Parcel Motel.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Versace-Man-Fraiche-Toilette-Men-/dp/B000XE5260/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421588855&sr=8-1&keywords=Versace+Man+Fraiche+Eau+de+Toilette+for+Men-+100+ml

It's €70 in Debenhams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I find the (Hugo) Boss ones too overpowering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I find the (Hugo) Boss ones too overpowering.

Perhaps....... drives the women wild!

For anyone interested, the 100ml is available on Amazon for approx €37, only 1 bottle left! (It says two but I just bought one!). Need to deliver to Parcel Motel.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Versace-Man-Fraiche-Toilette-Men-/dp/B000XE5260/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421588855&sr=8-1&keywords=Versace+Man+Fraiche+Eau+de+Toilette+for+Men-+100+ml

It's €70 in Debenhams.

The "fraiche" one is nice got a 50ml bottle in Sam macauleys for €50 but it ain't a patch on the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

The "fraiche" one is nice got a 50ml bottle in Sam macauleys for €50 but it ain't a patch on the other one

Hi there, What is the name of the Versace fragrance you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TwoGuysDublin

You should be getting a cut off the profits on this fragrance, kid! Sure I'll have to have a nose now meself.

• Advertisement

You should be getting a cut of the profits on this fragrance, kid! Sure I'll have to have a nose now meself.

You should be getting a cut of the profits on this fragrance, kid! Sure I'll have to have a nose now meself.

I shouldn't have let my secret out....every anto,Wacker and macker in the place will be reeking of the stuff now!

I shouldn't have let my secret out....every anto,Wacker and macker in the place will be reeking of the stuff now!

What is it called, I don't want to get the wrong one thanks.

Woodie40 wrote: »
    What is it called, I don't want to get the wrong one thanks.

Versace pour homme:

Versace pour homme:
    You're very good, thanks a million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

So just went on a bit of a spending spree in a german airport this morning after draining last few spring/summer's supplies dry.

Terre D'hermes - My usual go to for evening occasions,just can't beat it.

Terre D'hermes Voyage - Very nice fragrance, super light with the undertones of the original, I shall be keep this for the summer.

Emporio Armani- Bit of a throwback for me, used to be my every day.Old trusty reliable.

Bvlgari Aqua Marine - Again Super light but very present, VERY nice scent.

Jimmy choo Man - Suprisingly nice though a bit overpriced for what it is, nothing groundbreaking by any means.

Issey Mayaki - Can't be beaten in the summer.

Le Male - I'll probably give this away in the end, ended up smelling it everywhere today. Nice but is getting very boring for me now with every second guy showering in the stuff.

So this summer/spring i shall be wearing
    Issey Miyaki - The original one
    Bvlgari - Aqua marine
    Terre D'hermes - Voyage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I'm almost out of Creed Green Irish Tweed.

I'm down to Millesime Imperial and Royal Oud and a small bottle of Aventus.

I was thinking of getting a Silver Mountain Water but think I'll go for another GIT.

Plenty of other stuff at the moment as well but just the normal stuff I wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

GIT is hard bet.

Getting married in June, and have to decide what aftershave to wear, already stressing out !!

Might get something new though, been trying some of the Kilian stuff lately. The girls in BT very kind to give me samples of a few of them.

Very different but very nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Slattsy wrote: »
    Getting married in June, and have to decide what aftershave to wear, already stressing out !!

Might get something new though, been trying some of the Kilian stuff lately. The girls in BT very kind to give me samples of a few of them.

Very different but very nice stuff.
    This might sound a bit ott but are there any fragrances that yourself or your missus would associate with a certain time period? This might sound weird but I associate certain times with fragrances & music, if there was one that reminded you of a holiday etc. that you could break out for the big day then that'd be pretty cool

I'd always recommend going for an old classic rather than something new but I admire the bravery! :)

• Advertisement

I like your angle ex-moderator.

I always associate music with various stages of my life.

It might be best to stick to something i know alright. Because i know how it works on me, longevity etc.
    However, taking in your suggestion above, a new scent will then become the fragrance i got married in. So your angle then becomes my angle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Slattsy wrote: »
    I like your angle ex-moderator.

I always associate music with various stages of my life.

It might be best to stick to something i know alright. Because i know how it works on me, longevity etc.
    However, taking in your suggestion above, a new scent will then become the fragrance i got married in. So your angle then becomes my angle :)
    All the angles! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

D'Agger wrote: »
    All the angles! :pac:

Is 360 degrees right? Back where you started? :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Gunney

Creed GIT is a classic. If you can afford it get it. Works everywhere

Floris JF and Knize Forest are good fougere substitutes if price is an issue - better than Cool Water IME

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Gunney wrote: »
    Creed GIT is a classic. If you can afford it get it. Works everywhere

I'm not too gone on GIT myself tbh, it is a beautiful fragrance though I think there are better to be had from creed.

I'm not too gone on GIT myself tbh, it is a beautiful fragrance though I think there are better to be had from creed.

I'll fight ya ;)

Versace man,the one with the silver face on the bottle.I'd wear it every day for the rest of my life,people are always asking me what I'm wearing.only certain shops seem to stock it though

Decided after hearing some good stuff to pick this one up. Came home with it on and the missus straight away was in there with the "what are you wearing, it smells amazing."

And I can attest, it does smell amazing. Only two bottles of it left in HOF and I've not seen it anywhere else but great recco evasion. I'd make it a staple smelly of mine now along with Chanel Allure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf is the nicest I've found.

Decided after hearing some good stuff to pick this one up. Came home with it on and the missus straight away was in there with the "what are you wearing, it smells amazing."

And I can attest, it does smell amazing. Only two bottles of it left in HOF and I've not seen it anywhere else but great recco evasion. I'd make it a staple smelly of mine now along with Chanel Allure.

The women sure do love it,hanging onto you with a deathlike grip! Its a fresh scent that I never seem to get tired of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I have roughly 70-100 euro to spend on a bottle of cologne, I'm 18 years old, so I'd want something that would suit my age. Haven't spent that much on a bottle of cologne before, bar one bottle of Paco Rabanne One Million, and I liked the fragrance, but I think it smelled a lot cheaper than the price tag, and I want something that will stand out, and One Million is worn by practically everyone my age that's willing to fork out that much for aftershave. I'd be looking for something with a powerful, but not overpowering smell, something between having to point it out for someone to smell it and being smellable from 10 feet away. I tend to like "sweeter" scents, rather than muskier ones. And, nearly as importantly, I know at this price it might be hard, but I'd be looking for something that isn't particularly well known, something that most people wouldn't recognise the smell of.

Advertisement