Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

After much experimentation, I've found Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce to be the scent that I like best myself as well as it being the scent I get most compliments on. I guess it is a more of a younger man's cologne but it's great during the day or night. Well worth it in my opinion regardless of all the hate A&F gets.

Whatever works, as long as it smells good and turns the ladies heads then who cares what it says on the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Normal working day any shower gel does the job but have a bottle of creed aventus shower hell for the weekend quite pricy though doesn't last too long either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Joop night flight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Diesel only the brave - tattoo. I love that.

Picked up a bottle of Dior Cologne Pour Homme a few days ago, lovely fresh lemony scent but jesus it gives me awful headaches for some reason. Probably because it smells a bit like CK one after it dries down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I opened Calum Best Purple the other day. It's... not bad. Was dreading it as the celebrity ones are quite poor but it will do a turn. I have gotten worse Xmas presents
    Was thinking of Boss Bottled next. Any tried it? Is it decent?

Antibac wrote: »
    I opened Calum Best Purple the other day. It's... not bad. Was dreading it as the celebrity ones are quite poor but it will do a turn. I have gotten worse Xmas presents
    Was thinking of Boss Bottled next. Any tried it? Is it decent?

Never tried it. Used to wear the Hugo Boss "Hugo" years ago and loved it. Great summer scent. Might pick up a bottle at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The better half got me a bottle of intenso by dolce and gabbana

It's decent now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Normal working day any shower gel does the job but have a bottle of creed aventus shower hell for the weekend quite pricy though doesn't last too long either

Where did you pick up the Creed shower gel? I'd be interested in a slice of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Just a quick one for you, lads. Go on to Debenhams website. Check the Offers section and click "Male Grooming". There are plenty of properly brilliant offers on all kinds of Aftershaves and Colognes there. And not any old nonsense either: Hugo Boss, Armani, Paco, CK, the lot. And some 100ml bottles of top quality scents are down to between €20-€40.

Well worth a spin if you want to get some top quality scents for bargain basement prices. :)

(Also, I don't know if other websites/stores do this, but I've recently fallen in deep love with the Debenhams one!)

EDIT: And it's not just for special times of the year, it is all year round stuff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Debenhams is the best website to order from. Reasonable prices and fairly speedy delivery. I usually order a 30ml bottle so I'm not stuck with something that's not nice.

The last I got was 30ml Jimmy Choo Man for about €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Dior Homme was my favourite but the fragrance isn't strong enough, didn't last more than a few hours despite it being a perfume. Chanel Bleu was really strong but became overpowering after a couple of weeks. Back to my old reliable 212 for a while.

Has anyone tried the Dior Homme intense? Haven't seen it on sale here but seen it on hols

Jesus that must have cost a fortune. Do you also like to light cigars with €50 notes? ;)

On a serious note, does the scent last for long after the shower?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Dior Homme was my favourite but the fragrance isn't strong enough, didn't last more than a few hours despite it being a perfume. Chanel Bleu was really strong but became overpowering after a couple of weeks. Back to my old reliable 212 for a while.

Has anyone tried the Dior Homme intense? Haven't seen it on sale here but seen it on hols

I have the Dior Homme Cologne, is that the one you're talking about? Kind of a fresh lemony scent?

Just editing this - the Dior Eau Sauvage is available in a parfum as well and it's pretty damn strong. Fresh lemon and basil. It's an old skool scent but still smells modern and fresh but it's very refined. You probably wouldn't wear it with jeans and a tshirt for example.

Where did you pick up the Creed shower gel? I'd be interested in a slice of that!

Harvey nicks in dudrum got the after shave moisturiser there as well

lizzyman wrote: »
    Jesus that must have cost a fortune. Do you also like to light cigars with €50 notes? ;)

On a serious note, does the scent last for long after the shower?

Smells lovely but not worth it my sis bought it for me as a present its 70 odd euro for a 200 ml bottle which doesn't last
    The creed after shave moisturiser is a better buy smell lasts well

Smells lovely but not worth it my sis bought it for me as a present its 70 odd euro for a 200 ml bottle which doesn't last
    The creed after shave moisturiser is a better buy smell lasts well

I'm looking into this at the moment as I'm finding normal cologne a bit overpowering. Might be better off getting a good scented shower gel or aftershave moisturiser and having a more subtle scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

lizzyman wrote: »
    I'm looking into this at the moment as I'm finding normal cologne a bit overpowering. Might be better off getting a good scented shower gel or aftershave moisturiser and having a more subtle scent.

I do throw on the Terre D'Hermes or Spicebomb shower gel from time to time, both last fairly well and i think it projects alright. Just wash with a bit of soap/scentless shower gel or whatever and top off with that on the arms and shoulders etc, job done. That said, if you lash the EDT on afterwards you do smell like a hoor's handbag :pac:

I do throw on the Terre D'Hermes or Spicebomb shower gel from time to time, both last fairly well and i think it projects alright. Just wash with a bit of soap/scentless shower gel or whatever and top off with that on the arms and shoulders etc, job done. That said, if you lash the EDT on afterwards you do smell like a hoor's handbag :pac:

Can't beat they smell me before they see me look

Yeah, that's the advice I've been on sites like Basenotes alright. Must look into a few shower gels. Anyone ever try adding a fragrance to an unscented showergel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Versace man,the one with the silver face on the bottle.I'd wear it every day for the rest of my life,people are always asking me what I'm wearing.only certain shops seem to stock it though

Which bottle are you on about ?Is this the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

yabadabado wrote: »
    Which bottle are you on about ?Is this the one

Yup that's the one alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I now have only one bottle of fragrance. For years I only had one at a time but gotten used to having a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Hi guys, can I get your opinion on this *really Irish* scent?

I was having another look at green/fresh gear similar to an old fatalities Paco Rabanne Pour Homme on the usual review sites and some people raved about Patrick (fragrances of Ireland) 100ml.
    www basenotes.net ID26121272.html

PR has a rep for being more synthetic/fake than the original but the Patrick reviews are both very positive and it is considered a bargain by the people addicted to expensive scents.

Patrick appears to be mainly sold to American tourists. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Have you tried it, bought it and how do you compare it to other fresh, soapy, clean green alpha scents?

It mostly seems to be on Ebay and probably tourist shops.

Cheers, Bizi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Bizi wrote: »
    Hi guys, can I get your opinion on this *really Irish* scent?

Does it smell like silage and cow shíte?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I still use Armani Code (a present given to me by an ex 5 years ago) and to this day I haven't found another fragrance that tickles my fancy. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Picked this up in boots today, nice smell and not a bad price

boots CK one 100ml €22.99

http://www.boots.ie/en/Calvin-Klein-CK-one-Eau-de-Toilette-100ml_2900/

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

Gotta say my favourite aftershave would have to be hilfiger - it's reasonably cheap & actually does smell somewhat nicer than any other I've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picked up a bottle of Mont Blanc Emblem Intense over the weekend, its gorgeous. Really fresh, kinda fruity but not sickly sweet smelling. The burd loves it too so thats always a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nice list here with the Top 10 most complimented men's fragrances by women.

The list was compiled by users of Basenotes.

Advertisement