Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest fragrance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Not sure if I'll go for Acqua di Gio or a Creed fragrance next will be on the lookout in the next month anyway

That list is decent - would tend to backup alot of what has been said here. Le Male & Allure Sport whilst quite nice - are very strong / overpowering - something I'd recommend to a fella in college moreso that a working professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

It is a coincidence that this thread has been resurrected. I am running out of my usual suspects and am going to Lanzarote tomorrow week. Sadly, my sense of smell is completely gone: I barely detect petrol, it is more of a feeling in my nostrils rather than a smell. Anyway, I normally go for something by Paco Rabanne, CK or Issey Miyake. I will take on board some of the suggestions made here for something different. Allegedly there is a lot of fake crap sold in Lanzarote. Am I correct in assuming that shops like Essenia and Fundgrube sell the genuine article?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

If you're buying aftershaves off a list you're doing it wrong.

Aftershaves will react differently on each person. While one fragrance may have nice longevity / sillage on you, might the opposite on me. That's why its vital to get a sample or test before you buy. In some cases the fragrence itself can change, react in a bad way on people.

Im lucky enough that i work in Dublin city centre so i can always pop into BT or Arnotts to get a sample or try one on (ensuring not to wear one before i leave the house).

While Creeds are nice and expensice, on me i find i have to wear that bit more (maybe 3 sprays) to get the longevity out of them. While with most others if i used that much i'd drown people around me.

Sample and test is the only way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Slattsy wrote: »
    If you're buying aftershaves off a list you're doing it wrong.

Aftershaves will react differently on each person. While one fragrance may have nice longevity / sillage on you, might the opposite on me. That's why its vital to get a sample or test before you buy. In some cases the fragrence itself can change, react in a bad way on people.

Im lucky enough that i work in Dublin city centre so i can always pop into BT or Arnotts to get a sample or try one on (ensuring not to wear one before i leave the house).

While Creeds are nice and expensice, on me i find i have to wear that bit more (maybe 3 sprays) to get the longevity out of them. While with most others if i used that much i'd drown people around me.

Sample and test is the only way :)

No choice Slattsy, the nose don't work. Maybe I am better off sticking to my old reliables which I chose when I could smell.

galljga1 wrote: »
    No choice Slattsy, the nose don't work. Maybe I am better off sticking to my old reliables which I chose when I could smell.

Not that i'd agree with very many on that list, but im sure if you went with the general consensus you'd do ok.

I'd be a lot fussier than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Recently bought creed royal oud loving it at the moment would recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,184 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'm thinking of buying "Bvlgari Blv" tonight in the airport. Can't find it in the shops, only the airport. I love the fresh clean smell. Has anyone got any opinions on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Anyone know anywhere I can get the Tommy Hilfiger Athletics cologne? Got it years ago but haven't seen it anywhere since, anyone know if it's still available? it came in a yellow box as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Dramatik wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere I can get the Tommy Hilfiger Athletics cologne? Got it years ago but haven't seen it anywhere since, anyone know if it's still available? it came in a yellow box as far as I can remember.

It's discontinued,shame really it was one of my favourites,online would probably be the best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

That's a shame, I was looking forward to reliving a nostalgic scent from my youth, used to get a bottle of it for my birthday every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,373 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any suggestions for where I can get a sample/tester of Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed online?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Any suggestions for where I can get a sample/tester of Creed Aventus and Green Irish Tweed online?

Here you go

http://www.scentsamples.uk.com/creed-aventus/perfume/61

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I've been complimented at work (by women) a few times while wearing Red Polo by Ralph Lauren. I don't find it all that special myself but it's very safe and ticks most of the boxes for a nice fragrance.

Nothing comes close to Faranheit by Dior though imo - A f**k off fragrance if ever there was on!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I like my fragrances but I find few of them wear off within about 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

K4t wrote: »
    I've been complimented at work (by women) a few times while wearing Red Polo by Ralph Lauren. I don't find it all that special myself but it's very safe and ticks most of the boxes for a nice fragrance.

Nothing comes close to Faranheit by Dior though imo - A f**k off fragrance if ever there was on!

Fahrenheit is a classic. The leather-y/petrol/hawthorn notes are something that no modern fragrance would ever dare to replicate. If you like the big, bad 80s fragrances then Chanel Antaeus and YSL Kouros are also worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What Oud do people recommend? I've tried samples of Tom Ford's (lovely but expensive as hell) and a new Hugo Boss fragrance, but just want to see if I'm missing out on one I should definitely try.

What Oud do people recommend? I've tried samples of Tom Ford's (lovely but expensive as hell) and a new Hugo Boss fragrance, but just want to see if I'm missing out on one I should definitely try.

I've tried or had most Oud's out there, and to be honest, every man should have one in their locker more so than other fragrances, but TF Oud Wood is the nicest, by a long way in my opinion. Worth the extra few quid and will last forever.

Creed's Royal Oud is decent, but like most Creeds it weak and doesnt have enough 'oooomph' as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've tried or had most Oud's out there, and to be honest, every man should have one in their locker more so than other fragrances, but TF Oud Wood is the nicest, by a long way in my opinion. Worth the extra few quid and will last forever.

Creed's Royal Oud is decent, but like most Creeds it weak and doesnt have enough 'oooomph' as it should.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

150ml CK IN2U Mens currently 25 quid reduced from 68 in all Boots stores and website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭6541

150ml CK IN2U Mens currently 25 quid reduced from 68 in all Boots stores and website

I can't see that, can you supply the link please ?

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »

http://www.boots.ie/en/Calvin-Klein-CKIN2U-For-Him-Eau-de-Toilette-50ml_38830/

^^^^

Nope, that's only 50ml, the offer is 150ml for 25 notes

Must have taken it down, however I was just in Boots in Jervis St and they still have the offer over the counter, as do Boots in Phibsboro, so Im guessing its a general offer dependent on availability

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone currently looking for a fragrance make your next purchase Dior Sauvage.
    I cant find a word to describe this one.

My old man is over in my apartment and we're going on the piss, he asks me for some cologne, I offer him a few and he always says 'which one is the pussy magnet?'

So lads

I ask

What's your pussy magnet?

Boss Orange In Motion always did it for me

Gael23 wrote: »
    Anyone currently looking for a fragrance make your next purchase Dior Sauvage.
    I cant find a word to describe this one.

The newer parfum or the original?

I tried the newer one during the summer and was blown away. Bit heavy for the warmer months but with winter coming I might look into it again. The older eau sauvage is a stone cold classic. Been around since the mid 60s but never smells old fashioned. Apparently a favourite of Steve McQueen also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

I'm liking spice bomb at the moment, got the deodorant to try out and now gonna buy the fragrance

Got a sample of Dior sauvage and it is strong, not sure it's for everyday use, maybe more of a going out fragrance

Boots have an offer too at the moment. Hugo boss The Scent deodorant and 50 ml fragrance, plus some try me first stuff - 60 quid

^^^^

Nope, that's only 50ml, the offer is 150ml for 25 notes

Must have taken it down, however I was just in Boots in Jervis St and they still have the offer over the counter, as do Boots in Phibsboro, so Im guessing its a general offer dependent on availability

To be honest I'd be bored with most fragrances long before I'd ever use up 125ml.
    My old man is over in my apartment and we're going on the piss, he asks me for some cologne, I offer him a few and he always says 'which one is the pussy magnet?'

So lads

I ask

I used to be really into my fragrances and the only one that ever got me compliments from the ladies was a €20 bottle of CK One I picked up during a sale in the local chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm liking spice bomb at the moment, got the deodorant to try out and now gonna buy the fragrance

Got a sample of Dior sauvage and it is strong, not sure it's for everyday use, maybe more of a going out fragrance

Boots have an offer too at the moment. Hugo boss The Scent deodorant and 50 ml fragrance, plus some try me first stuff - 60 quid

The one I bought is EDT http://www.boots.ie/en/Dior-Sauvage-Eau-de-Toilette-60ml_1725541/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

6541 wrote: »

Argos 20.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4382896.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

So lads

I ask

Jaysis, I'd have murdered my ould lad if he'd ever said that to me :pac:

It's common as muck now, but Fierce always did the job back in the day. Code was a good one too. Nowadays I'm just out to impress herself and she always likes the One Million stuff, Spicebomb and Hermes.

Advertisement