Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woken at 4am - missed opportunity - new challenge?

• 17-03-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

My house is right next door to my mother-in-laws in, technically, the country side. Last night, at 4am, my mother-in-law rang to say that she heard something outside her front door. Being the good son-in-law I got up to have a look. There was nothing.

I was about to head off back to bed when our sheds sensor light was tripped. Looking out a window I saw a large Fox wandering across my garden and off into the night. It was gone in seconds, no chance to grab my camera, which was on the other side of the house.

But it did get me thinking about how you would go about photographing a wild fox, at night, on a non-existent budget…but taking into account my mother-in-laws chickens.

A project to work towards?

Has anyone tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

buy a chicken..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Or come to London....hundreds of them all over the place at night....even waking me up at 4am having sex in my front garden......its not a camera I wanted to shoot them with that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

pete4130 wrote: »
    Or come to London....hundreds of them all over the place at night....even waking me up at 4am having sex in my front garden.

I used to have a similar problem....with students!;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055296999&highlight=Foxes

Muineach is sadly, no longer with us, however im sure many boardsies will remember him for his fox shots over a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Haha, a wild fox, wanna come and photograph mr. Fox at 4am, he looks like he belongs in the wild at that tome;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Eirebear wrote: »
    Those are great shots. Muineach would have been the guy to go too on this one :(

Unfortunately I'm in a different situation. The fox in question is completely wild. I have no idea as to where he/she lives, except that my house is somewhere on its hunting route. And as its the first time that its been spotted, I suspect that it only comes around at night, making it cautious.

I'm thinking of setting up my video camera and letting it run over a few nights, just to see if it comes back - I see hours of watching the replay ahead of me - patience is a virtue they say :D

Anyway I see it as too much of a challenge to miss out on - even if it comes to nothing...

Haha, a wild fox, wanna come and photograph mr. Fox at 4am, he looks like he belongs in the wild at that tome;)
    Ah yes...creeping up on some poor sleeping sod at 4am with a camera...I see broken noses and smashed lenses in my future! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

K_user wrote: »
    I'm thinking of setting up my video camera and letting it run over a few nights, just to see if it comes back - I see hours of watching the replay ahead of me - patience is a virtue they say :D

Anyway I see it as too much of a challenge to miss out on - even if it comes to nothing...

Could try one of these.....

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/photography/cameras/2.0-megapixel-digital-motion-detection-camera

whyulittle wrote: »
    Perhaps - if I had any spare cash! :D

No, this has to be done with whatever I have around the house.

Advertisement