Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When sitting down where do you rest your guitar?

• 17-03-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I have the guitar positioned like this lad
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JOHNMC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]263673.jpg
    However, on youtube clips you see alot of lads like your man below, I had a flying V and had to have it like this which was the main reason I got rid of it. My back would kill me after a few hours playing
    0060-0909-2218-2420_Teenage_Boy_Playing_Electric_Guitar_clipart_image.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Where you position your guitar is entirely a personal preference. Some people wear them below the knee, others as a bow tie. Ideally from a comfort point of view, the best place to wear it would be similar to the top picture in your post. I get aches and pains just looking at the bottom picture. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'm a bottom picture man myself, rest it across my left leg (right handed) most of the time when sitting, but like Rigsby says, whatever way you find most comfortable is the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I'm the bottom dude myself also. My strats and Ibanez's feel more comfortable that way and tbh I think its also because they have less of a chance of dropping that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

im the top fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I play much like the first one, but interestingly I notice he's wearing a strap, even though he's sitting. That's something I tend to do too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I play much like the first one, but interestingly I notice he's wearing a strap, even though he's sitting. That's something I tend to do too.

haha you felt compelled to comment on the one guy wearing a strap and not that the second guy is strumming with a copybook and has a blue tongue. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

Same as the lower guy.....
    Probably comes from starting out life playnig classical guitar - though I play bass mostly now I still prefer the fret-hand side leg as a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

haha you felt compelled to comment on the one guy wearing a strap and not that the second guy is strumming with a copybook and has a blue tongue. :D:D:D:D:D

What can I say? I'm a guitar player :D

(And I assume that's a blue pick in his mouth)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

(And I assume that's a blue pick in his mouth)

A joke well recieved then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I play right handed and rest the guitar on my right leg. I find it more comfortable. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I mostly play with it resting on my left leg (I'm a righty), I find it closer to what I play like standing and it seems to give me a more comfortable playing position with easier upper fret access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd be like the first picture. It depends on what I'm playing though. My six string bass it a lot more unwieldy than my strat so I often find I have the neck of the bass pointing up towards the ceiling a lot more than in the picture.

Advertisement