Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there any hopes left to star new when single with a baby???

Options
  • 17-03-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi All,

In a hope to get some positive as well as realistic views especially from thoes who can relate to being a single mother.

How do you start over?
    Is there still hope of meeting anyone decent?
    Just in general what prospect to have for the future?

Things not always turn out as we plan but when u planning a family and in the end reality kicks you in a face that you are the only one raising this family and you are faced with being a single parent.... sometimes things dont seem that great...

I keep thinking where did i go wrong - this was not supposed to be this way... i really dont want to spent the rest of my life being single

I know having a child is the best thing ever and im not alone i have my baby but thats not what i mean...

Im loking 20 year ahead and my baby will meet his partner and move out and whats there left for me?

does life always going to feel this lonely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm running a bit, but for what it's worth, I married a single mum. We have two more kids together now (3 in total). Couldn't be happier so don't think you won't meet someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allrounder26

hi thanks for the heads up on this matter :)

i moved over to Ireland and now not only recently became single mother but i find it hard to meet new ppl even friend ie females to hang out with etc.
    I find Ireland being a bit antisocial if u not yourn free and single...
    any suggestions as where i could start?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Of course there is. I was a single mammy, but I worked hard and nought my first house when she was 1 now I'm married with a second child!

I know sometimes you may feel like your life us going nowhere but you have to allow new things to happen, be optimistic, if you believe you are stuck in a rut you might just stay there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

i moved over to Ireland and now not only recently became single mother but i find it hard to meet new ppl even friend ie females to hang out with etc.

Hi there... hey cumon girl think positive live for the moment, as the saying goes you never know whats around the corner....Look at this time single, as special time to spend with your baby, treasure this time ... everything will work out for you,and probably at a time when you least expect it to....

Happy St Patricks Day

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KnocKnocKnock

What age is your child? Could you enrol them in a creche or play group where you could get chatting to other parents?

• Advertisement

im in the process of buying a new house - 1st property ( and most luckly the last :) ) my son is one next year - im still working full time i just have no idea were to start meeting ppl or friends just to break the routine.... and im not up for chat rooms on web etc
    at the min it just feel like up hill battle to start again and i feel like all eyes are on me - as if i was cursed

my baby is 1y old - wont be able to have him in crech or preschool - they are way too expensive..

Its mad that i was getting more paid when on maternity leave and benifits then full time working - this sytem is backwords - thats another subject :)

I had to get my ma to move in with me and mind him so i can go back to work

So my life is work - home - play with baby - shattered sleep - and all over again... i dont want to compromise my time with the baby

I wouldn't worry about chat rooms. I met a few people through work, I used to look forward to work, that was my social time. I met my husband on a work night out, I hadn't been out for around 6 months until that might, the joys of being a broke single mother but honestly, you can meet people anywhere you go, even just going to the shop! I remember my dad once met someone through picking my brother up from school! You don't need to be going out 'on the pull' to meet someone decent!

thank god fpr that coz i really dont see myself as out on a pull .... :)
    thanks

do guys not get turned off when they find out u already have a baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

do guys not get turned off when they find out u already have a baby?

It depends on the guy. Most probably do get turned off, but many don't. For example, my brother is a single dad and doesn't have a problem with single mothers. In fact, he doesn't have a problem meeting women full stop. I put this down to his attitude which is open and positive.

I have a feeling your problem has nothing to do with you being a single mother. If you didn't have a child but stayed home all day, you would also be unable to meet someone. :)

So you need to get yourself out there and get yourself meeting people. It's the only way you're going to find someone.

Join an acting class, an art class and a language class. They're always very sociable.

• Advertisement

Lol, I guess some do but they're the ones you shouldn't be bothered with. I always slag my husband for being so persistent, I used the I have a baby line to get rid of him but it didn't work! I know my younger brother has dated girls with kids and my step brother met his girlfriend when her baby was only around 3 months old, that was over a year ago!

Don't be hard on yourself you just need to step back and enjoy what you have, let life happen without worrying about what might or might not be!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

How old are you now

thats the thing having positive attitude is not enough... and i love interacting with ppl .. signing up to them groups is a good idea if i can find one in late evening so i dont compromise time with baby... :) thanks

Look start now, get yourself ready and head off to the parade, even if you don't get chatting to anyone at least you can have some fun with your baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 eric_elle

27? forget about it. as soon as you stop panicking and being miserable you'll meet the perfect dude. Guaranteed. Get yourself happy, make sure your kid is happy, and then go out and find someone else to make happy. Just think about how many people are trapped in **** relationships . You're better off than them!

in work but just after poppingout for hour to got to the fun fair rides with the baby - great fun... some are really mad.... :):)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

your 27 your still young ya lunatic ;):cool:

ya can find a potential partner ANYWHERE and as long as you honest from the get go about the kid i couldnt see why any lad would be turned off.:D

dont be freeting over things youll find some one :cool:

anyone ever looked into them single parent holidays? are they any use? :p

Advertisement