Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siamese fighting fish tank

Options
  • 17-03-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,
    I am looking to get a tank to house some fighting fish. I'm new to this but am aware that the males can not be in a tank so I would like to get a tank with two or three dividers in it so I could have a few males and females in it.
    Does anyone know where I could get a tank with dividers into it and not pay through the nose for it,
    I'm fansinated with the siamese fighting fish and I have one in a communal tank right now,
    any advice welcome
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens) are absolutely beautiful fish. Id recommend a tank with a minimum of 15 litres per fish. Generally they prefer shallower slow moving waters, and as you are aware you cant put a male with another male, however this sometimes is the same with a single male and females too. This agression can sometimes cross into other species like gouramis or other fish with similar shapes/long finnage.

Tank deviders can be bought from a fish shop, or made from perspex or (as I recently found out) foam. Just be sure if you are making them yourself that whatever flow is in the tank can pass through the deviders.

Finally,
    Buying new can be quite expensive, but there's plenty of second hand tanks and equipment available.

First place to try would be adverts.ie

There are also 2 very good Irish fish keeping community sites.
    http://www.irishfishforum.com
    http://www.irishfishkeepers.com

Both of these have trading sections where people buy/sell their second hand stuff.

Best of luck with your new setup and keep us updated :)

-Dan

Advertisement