Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house prices in lucan

• 17-03-2010 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

:confused:Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me, im a first time buyer and want to buy in Lucan, I don’t understand the market right now, people seem to just ask for whatever price they want....that’s not my question... I know that can’t be solved right now. I’m looking in grange manor and the old forge. I really like this area, I have no choice my heart won’t even let my brain choose what’s best. I guess that’s the way it goes...I’m not sure. Anyway long story short, there are other nice parts of Lucan better locations and better houses in better condition for the same price. Why????? Also the asking prices for grange manor houses are 360. Old forge 415! makes no sense as in this circumstance grange manor house is better, but in comes my heart.... anyway in Feb. a grange manor house (identical house) was asking 340... 20 grand for no reason... and the last identical old forge house I can find that sold was asking 285????? This is cheeky but but does anyone know how much these houses are actually selling for? Or even more nosey, has anyone bought one recently and would possibly tell me how much they paid for it. I just want to make an offer that is in some way going to be accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Speak to the estate agent.

Make a 'low' offer and see what reaction you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 admo

how low is low.... i know i probably sound like an idiot but everyone i know is telling me different things. my broker said knock 35grand off at least...he said go in 60grand under the asking price and only bring it up about 2grand a bid, but if i make a low offer will i start a bidding war i may not be able to win... whats ment to be will be i guess....:eek:
    maybe i'm thinking about it too much.. everyone says i should keep looking at other houses since i've only viewed bout 20... but they're just annoying me and wasting my time when i view them. i've a list to view this week but i know i'll end where i started and just make a bid

Advertisement