Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being picked as a House Mate :0(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Doop wrote: »
    This made me laugh... :D
    Potential flatmate: "So this is the kitchen".....
    You: "PADDY IRISH MAN, PADDY ENGLISH MAN, PADDY......"

They'd defo remember that! im just kiddin id agree with you pikachucheeks, my mind started running away!

Ha! that made me laugh so much! Anyway, I would say dont be a pushover, given the times were in yadda yadda, you can be selfish about it, youre not moving in somewhere as a favour to other people!

Having said that....I have spent a great deal of time showing people around, I say a great deal of time coz in my experience most people turn up hours late or pull a no show without letting you know. That pisses me off big time, dont be so arrogant to think that I am at your beck and call should you bother turning up at all. Just remember if youve made an appointment, it is your duty to familiarise yourself with the location/directions in time, ask the person living there/landlord in time, send a text if youre running late/cant make it.

You dont owe anything else to anyone other than being punctual, polite and friendly.

DONT ask how much the rent is when youre there viewing the place and then complain, same goes for type of room (you didnt realise it was twin not double etc), who's living there (male/female etc), you could have saved yourself and the "interviewers" trouble by familiarising yourself with this stuff over the phone.

DONT come in and then barely look around/not talk, one guy I'm living with now, when I showed him the place I said come on upstairs and I'll show you the bathroom, he replied no its ok, I dont need to see it. For jeezuz sakes even if youre someone who isnt fussed what the bathroom's like/the garden whatever, would you just look when the person is showing you, dont be rude! As it turns out, that lad spends an absurd amount of time in the bathroom :rolleyes:

Leave your babysitter at home please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Thats funny, some people are just nutters. I hear stories like this all the time.

I don't know which is worse, somebody who won't talk at all or somebody who never stops.
    I'd like to think some of those weird ads are just somebody with a sense of humour but I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

shoegirl wrote: »
    I don't know which is worse, somebody who won't talk at all or somebody who never stops.

hmm thats tricky but I think if were just talking about people who initially come to view a house, someone that never stops talking, that would be a pain in the butt to live with, then again people who are quiet to the point of being rude, you dont have any idea what theyre gona be like.

Advertisement