Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warriors Run 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭pauldry

Thanks everyone for yer help. Got signed in for race at last.

Rang around and it did the trick.

btw the weather will be cool with an odd shower for the Warriors, perfect running weather really http://weathergossip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SligoL

Sorry for taking it slightly off topic guys - but do any girls who did the race last year know what the changing/shower facilities were like after the race? Reluctant to head back to town to shower and change when all I'll wanna do is hit the Strand for a few well deserved Coronas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

4 stars (good)
    SligoL wrote: »
    Sorry for taking it slightly off topic guys - but do any girls who did the race last year know what the changing/shower facilities were like after the race? Reluctant to head back to town to shower and change when all I'll wanna do is hit the Strand for a few well deserved Coronas!

I believe that showers/runners village etc should be in Strand Celtics facilities so should be relatively good.

Yeah T,

Your right there. Shower facilities are pretty good from what I rem last year.

I cant wait for a few Guinnesses meself.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

4 stars (good)
    Good luck everyone. Enjoy the party after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Baluba

Likewise, good luck all. Last few weeks were hampered by slight injury, but what the hell, lets do this thing!

(I'll be the one in a heap on the far side of the hill.)

Looking forward to a scoop in the Strand. It'll have been 7 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

3 stars (average)
    Best of luck tommorrow guys, Hopefully it will be a great day. Its my first time to the run so i'm really looking forward to it.

I am hoping for 1HR 20MIN but i will take 1HR 22MIN which wont be bad for a guy who couldnt run a mile in JAN and was 16 stone and obese:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Best of luck everyone from a jealous Geld who wishes he was there!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

4 stars (good)
    Excellent race!:D

Thought the route was a little deceiving going round the mountain (the path started to dip and then round another corner to reveal another hill :eek:) Easily the most enjoyable race I've ever ran ( not that I've ran many but...)

Fun friendly festival atmosphere, can't wait for next year !( hope to train properly for it :/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

From the warriors run home page...

To all runners who took part in The 2010 Warriors Run and whilst it stayed dry the strong winds on the mountain top did no favours. We hoped you enjoyed the event and the day (and night) in Strandhill.

Well done to EOIN GAHAN who took the 2010 Title in 54 minutes 33 seconds. Also to MARIE MC CAMBRIDGE who came in first in the Female category in 1 hour 3 minutes and 36 seconds. NEIL WALTON took the Local Male title this year in 1 hour 1 minute and 51 seconds and ANN HUNTER was first Local Female in 1 hour 20 minutes and 02 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

4 stars (good)
    Absolutely fantastic race! This is my second year in a row and I hope to make it 3 next year. Don't have one bad word to say about it!
    Quick question, can anyone else see the split times on the results page or am I missing something?

I think the full results and splits will be posted in the next week or so...

Found it tough this year (second time out), hadn't trained enough (nothing over 8k) and a tough football training session on Thursday night was probably too close to the race (calves and quads were still sore on the morning of the race!).

Was down other side of the mountain in 44mins but had to grind out the rest of the run, finishing painfully after 1hr 13. I think I'm about 1.5 mins off last years time, Ill see when the exact times are issued. I blame the wind ;)

Excuses, excuses... Had great fun though, its a great weekend, atmosphere is fantastic. This is my one race of the year and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

4 stars (good)
    Well done to everyone who ran.

Great race as usual. Gahan is some runner.

Here is a few photos from the day

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53381986@N02/page11/

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

4 stars (good)

Great pictures there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

4 stars (good)
    Fantastic race. Second year doing it, and will def be back next year !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

4 stars (good)
    emerald007 wrote: »
    Cool - I've been Allocated Race Number (BIB) : 40
    :D

Great time and result!!

4 stars (good)
    Great event! So well organised from registration to run and beyond! The people of Strandhill really support all the runners and they got me to the finish line when the legs were ready to quit! It was my second time out and improved by 3 minutes which I was delighted with as i hadn't got enough training in! I'll be back next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 heliwestcoast

Does anybody have yet the race results, there is money on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Does anybody have yet the race results, there is money on the line.
    THey are on the website results page:
    http://www.warriorsfestival.com/results

4 stars (good)

Anyone find themselves in this photo set? www.jamesburke.biz has a load of this years runners up too!

• Advertisement

Any sign of the split times for the warriors yet?

Here's another one for ya. My time was just over 1.5 mins off last year but I finished in roughly top 75 this year, as opposed to top 100 last year.

Was it tougher? Was I less worse this year? (Highly unlikely.)
    Or was the standard lower? Due to, perhaps, the race filling so quickly?

If I'd got the same time as last year this time round I'd have finished 50 something places higher - inside the top 50.

What do the hardcore make of the Warriors? Too many blow-ins, or the more the merrier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

3 stars (average)
    Is there somewhere you can get an archive of warriors run results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 onetime1

4 stars (good)
    DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Is there somewhere you can get an archive of warriors run results?
    Think they have them on the website.

Anyone know where i can get the split times for the Mountain etc. There is columns for this on the results posted online but no results in them

Advertisement