Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin wireless not working

Options
  • 17-03-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have a Belkin G wireless router and it only allows me to download 400 Mb or so and then stops. The LAN downloads fine but the wireless does not.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

my first thought on seeing the thread title was "Belkin in a Server forumn :eek:"

It's overpriced , rebadged, undersupported home user gear.

I had a Belkin wireless G USB dongle. PITA getting it working in linux because not only had they no drivers, they had FIVE different chipsets depending on when/where you bought it :mad:

Probably best moved to wireless.

What OS are you using at both ends ?
    what speed / quality link are you getting ?

is the unit overheating ?
    have you checked if there is a later firmware ?

the usual cordless phones / microwave oven / video sender nearby questions .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Moved to Wireless.

-Funk

Advertisement