Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom Ennistymon - "Intrusion prevention active for" [IP]

• 17-03-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    When trying to send e-mail I get the following error message:
    Server reports it is not ready, reply "4.0.0 Intrusion prevention active for [IP address]"
    The IP address is the relay server in Ennistymon.

Does anyone know what's going on? Given that it's Paddy's Day, Ripplecom support is unavailable.:(

Need to get work e-mail out. The net itself is working fine and incoming e-mail is not affected.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

chook wrote: »
    Hi,
    When trying to send e-mail I get the following error message:

The IP address is the relay server in Ennistymon.

Does anyone know what's going on? Given that it's Paddy's Day, Ripplecom support is unavailable.:(

Need to get work e-mail out. The net itself is working fine and incoming e-mail is not affected.
    Thanks.

Go to spamhaus.org or blacklist.ie and enter in that ip address and see if any of the sites have that ip blocked. My guess would be that you are sharing the same ip with other customers and one of them may have a pc which is sending out spam mail. Then in turn spamhaus may have blocked that ip from sending out any further mails, thus preventing spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 chook

Thanks bigpaddy2004!
    I checked both and sure enough the server is blacklisted with Barracuda. I send a removal request. Hope it works, fingers crossed. :D
    Slán,
    chook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

chook wrote: »
    Thanks bigpaddy2004!
    I checked both and sure enough the server is blacklisted with Barracuda. I send a removal request. Hope it works, fingers crossed. :D
    Slán,
    chook

Your welcome, but you will have to request your own public ip from your provider as this will just keep happening everytime the user spaming turns on their pc. Eventually they will reject your removal requests if requested too much or too often.

Advertisement