Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247 Problems

• 17-03-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm having problems setting up my friends Netopia 2247 router (on Eircom).
    He has it set up wirelessly for the laptop I'm currently using but I'm trying to set it up on his nnew desktop on a wired connection. He hasn't got the cd rom or set up guide and I can't connect to the routers homepage i.e "192.168.1.254". I've also checked the Eircom help page for this specific router.
    Any ideas anybody?
    Thanks

Cian :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I'm having problems setting up my friends Netopia 2247 router (on Eircom).
    He has it set up wirelessly for the laptop I'm currently using but I'm trying to set it up on his nnew desktop on a wired connection. He hasn't got the cd rom or set up guide and I can't connect to the routers homepage i.e "192.168.1.254". I've also checked the Eircom help page for this specific router.
    Any ideas anybody?
    Thanks

Cian :)

No setup needed for wired connection.

Just plug the Cat5 connection in and it should work straight away.

The CD did not do anything for wired connections.

If you can't connect reset the router using the small hole on the router marked reset. (Need Pin)

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Does he have the drivers installed for his network card?
    Does he have a network card?

On XP go to Start/Run and type in devmgmt.msc which will bring up the Device Manager and scroll down to the Network Adaptors entry to see if they are ok (No yellow question marks).

Advertisement