Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparching on Paddy's Day

Options
  • 17-03-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

What's it like today, heard a rumor that it's closed off today, is it true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

heard the same rumor. if that happened it just means everyone will go the other side/somewhere else and it'l result in chaos! at least the can-drinking was focused on one area last year, and there was minimal trouble. and for god sakes lob a few port-a-loo's down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I live there now and just recalled last night walking by it last year and seeing the scenes... dreading it a bit now, but I looked out the window there a minute ago and it's very calm at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

There's a number of guards stopping people from drinking there, so it's definitely quieter than last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Got drink taken off me at Eyre Square. They said we could only drink in front of The Skef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

lads i go to college here in nui, and i saw more fights today than my whole time in galway, a rough aul crowd! as for the sparch . . . . .harmless enough.

and if your looking for a newspaper tomorrow . . dont go to easons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

lads i go to college here in nui, and i saw more fights today than my whole time in galway, a rough aul crowd! as for the sparch . . . . .harmless enough.

Shop St was a mess when I walked up it after 2. Heard and seen some bad stuff going on in Eyre Sq. Mate got his phone robbed off him (and who said Rag Week was as bad?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

There were cops everywhere yesterday evening, keeping an eye on things. But I wonder where they around after 1am - 3am when they are really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

because .... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

JustMary wrote: »
    because .... ?

only guessing .... you'll prob have to climb over a wall of garbage / vomit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

JustMary wrote: »
    because .... ?

because someone thought it would be good to leave the delivery outside the door of easons, not one paper survived, sorry should have specified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Excessive drinking, destruction and violence..is this what we think of when we think of the Irish?

Wonder did they block it off after a tip off i.e. idiots posting on facebook that they were planning a session there. Last year did seem pretty tame from what I remember. Paddys Day seems to bring alot of rough people into town! I remember three years ago standing in Eyre Square with my friend just watching the fights. There were so many and the Gardaí let it all them kick off before stepping in when any eejit could tell fights were about to start.

I suppose better get them where they can be seen rather than have them kill each other down some alley

Advertisement