Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Eircom 24mit Upgrade

• 17-03-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey guys, I'm new to the board and have a few questions I'm hoping you can help with.

First of all I have or should have been upgraded to the new eircom 24mbit package. I ordered it a few weeks ago and it was due to be completed last thursday the 11th March. However my down and upload speeds have not changed a bit since supposedly being upgraded. I'm still getting the exact same results as I have been getting with the 7mbit package which is around 6.77Mb downstream and 0.7Mb upstream.

I rang eircom sales support who said yes my package is down as completed since last thursday and then they put me through to technical support who said they were having trouble with speeds and to wait til tuesday and if there was no change to ring them back. I rang them back after seeing no change and I was put back and forth from sales to technical multiples time and now I was told to wait til Fri.

I live in Terenure and have recently bought a new Belkin N router and here are the line stats I'm currently getting :

adslh.jpg

Here my results from farina1.com/adsl

adslstatis.jpg

If anyone has been experiencing this or can shine some light on this situation I would really appreciate it. How do these line stats look also?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mike316 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm new to the board and have a few questions I'm hoping you can help with.

First of all I have or should have been upgraded to the new eircom 24mbit package. I ordered it a few weeks ago and it was due to be completed last thursday the 11th March. However my down and upload speeds have not changed a bit since supposedly being upgraded. I'm still getting the exact same results as I have been getting with the 7mbit package which is around 6.77Mb downstream and 0.7Mb upstream.

I rang eircom sales support who said yes my package is down as completed since last thursday and then they put me through to technical support who said they were having trouble with speeds and to wait til tuesday and if there was no change to ring them back. I rang them back after seeing no change and I was put back and forth from sales to technical multiples time and now I was told to wait til Fri.

I live in Terenure and have recently bought a new Belkin N router and here are the line stats I'm currently getting :

adslh.jpg

Here my results from farina1.com/adsl

If anyone has been experiencing this or can shine some light on this situation I would really appreciate it. How do these line stats look also?

Thanks

Mike

You're still on the 8 meg package from that sync rate.

Advertisement