Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter

Options
  • 17-03-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I’ve noticed a lot of litter in Charlesland lately, particularly in the main road leading to Greystones. Does anyone know who manages the road and is responsible for collecting the rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gossie wrote: »
    I’ve noticed a lot of litter in Charlesland lately, particularly in the main road leading to Greystones. Does anyone know who manages the road and is responsible for collecting the rubbish?

No-one really seems to know whether it is Wyse or Mountbrook

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63379868&postcount=6

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

The main road between Charlesland & the Shoreline leisure centre is owned & managed by Mountbrook Homes. The rest of the main road is under Wicklow coco.

Within Charlesland itself it's the various management companies.

Spoke with Charlesland Wood management company before Christmas who confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

Gossie wrote: »

Wicklow CoCo is responsible for Farrankelly Road west of the Jackie Skelly roundabout I was told. That would explain why it's in a mess all the way up to the N11 and beyond. Have you seen the state of Glen of the Downs lately? Garden of Ireland my ar*e! In fact no matter what way you drive on the N11 it's strewn with rubbish all along either side and along the median. Hard to believe so many people consider throwing their rubbish out of their cars normal practise. Couple that with the fact that Wicklow CoCo couldn't be bothered to pick it up and you're in a right mess.

Advertisement