Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to dispose of used car oil

• 17-03-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Anyone know where in louth or meath i can dispose of some used car oil, it's only about 2 lts, tried searching on the net but it's all a bit vague !!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jay Walker

Zorba wrote: »
    Hi all

Anyone know where in louth or meath i can dispose of some used car oil, it's only about 2 lts, tried searching on the net but it's all a bit vague !!

Thanks in advance

Why not take it to a local Mechanic? As far as I am aware they collect any used oil that they drain while doing car services and it gets collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hi all
    I do not know about your area, but I dispose my oil in a local Landfill and Recycling Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Your local civic amenity site, have a look here -

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/Recycling/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Sink. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

next doors rose bed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Hi all

Thanks in advance

The recycle centre across from Rice and Roddys garage in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

What about brake fluid? Don't see it mentioned by the bring centers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I always treated brake fluid as if it were oil and put it in the oil container when in Ballymount. Usually I'll have about 20-30L of oil so the BF is well diluted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

kbannon wrote: »
    I always treated brake fluid as if it were oil and put it in the oil container when in Ballymount. Usually I'll have about 20-30L of oil so the BF is well diluted.

You can only do this if you have not contaminated the brake fluid with a flushing agent or something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I always treated brake fluid as if it were oil and put it in the oil container when in Ballymount
    Ballymount... Isn't the centre in Coolmine closer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Does the recycling place past Woodies in Swords accept engine oil? I presume it's called Estuary Recycling Centre on dublinwaste.ie but it's very vague. Would they charge me to dispose of a couple of litres of oil and some small eletrical goods I want to get rid of?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

JHMEG wrote: »
    Ballymount... Isn't the centre in Coolmine closer?
    Ballymount would be on my commute (M50).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Thanks for all the replies, think i'll just bring it over to the local garage, seems to be the closest to me, thought there was a bring center closer !

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some garages use the oil you give them to heat the garage - your oil = their free heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

The boyne flows through meath & louth doesn't it???

Ah no, most recycling places will & if your friendly with a mechanic they usually have drums of waste oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

blastman wrote: »
    Does the recycling place past Woodies in Swords accept engine oil? I presume it's called Estuary Recycling Centre on dublinwaste.ie but it's very vague. Would they charge me to dispose of a couple of litres of oil and some small eletrical goods I want to get rid of?

Yes it does accept oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Ballymount would be on my commute (M50).

Fair enough. I use Coolmine... they accept a whole pile of stuff that KCC don't take in the recycle bin. Most types of plastic for example (KCC only take types 1, 2 and 4).

Advertisement