Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal c&c

• 17-03-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Ok, C&c wanted here- this was really my first time shooting animals. (Ok, not SHOOTING them... :eek:) Some reason I really like the goat, but what do people think of the crop?

EAABAB27D3CB4175B0779081538E2B0D-500.jpg

There's also this one-

E59E6F79152C465E8B7D7F072EBF5D14-500.jpg

Cheers guys!

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

zoegh wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Ok, C&c wanted here- this was really my first time shooting animals. (Ok, not SHOOTING them... :eek:) Some reason I really like the goat, but what do people think of the crop?

[URL=http://pix.ie/zoegh/156504jpg[/IMG][/URL]

There's also this one-

[URL=http://pix.ie/zoegh/154[/IMG][/URL]

Cheers guys!

Zo

I actually quite like the second photo. There is something about it that is almost human about the expression, quite resemblant to an eldery person's face. Like it alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Like the black and white and tone and contrast you went for. The crop is a bit odd, but still an interesting photo making you focus in on the face and mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Originally posted by stick-dan
    There is something about it that is almost human about the expression, quite resemblant to an eldery person's face.

yeah, this one is actually on my facebook and it's already been tagged as my brother! People really seem to like it, and wha's weird is that i'm kinda... meh about it.
    Originally posted by Ghost Train
    The crop is a bit odd, but still an interesting photo making you focus in on the face and mouth

I was actually all framed up for a more full on shot, but he moved his head, and I ended up only getting half of it.. I was wondering if I was the only one who still thought it was half decent...

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I don't like the crop on the first one, given how close you are it would be better to have all the goat in shot.
    The second one is better but the background is a bit distracting if I spend too much time looking at it. In particular the shadows.

Originally posted byDK32
    I don't like the crop on the first one, given how close you are it would be better to have all the goat in shot.
    The second one is better but the background is a bit distracting if I spend too much time looking at it. In particular the shadows.

Cheers man. I agree, the full face would have been better... You know what they say, never work with children or animals!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Neither of them listen to a word you say :D Funny thing about that is they often make for better pictures as they are not posed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

as mentioned above the shadow in the second one is extremely offputting, it was actually the first thing i saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

number 2 is a funny looking goat

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

The first one is a bit of an odd crop. But I like the second photo a lot. :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

The only thing I can find wrong with the first one is the fact you can only barely see one eye, looks a bit weird! On the second one I find it all blends together tbh. However you seem to be on the right line and I love the B&W

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone... I know the crop won't be to everyone's taste, was just wondering what people other than my friends thought, you know!

And as for B&W, I seem to be veering towrds B&W in nearly all the shots I take... Hmmm... Oh well, I'll go with it!

Zo

Advertisement