Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot for a placement job

Options
  • 17-03-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any companies taking on people for a years placement (yeah, i know not likely)

Has to be in the area of web design, multimedia, computing or i.t.. or even a list of companies that do that sort of thing so i can fire off some emails.. i'm in Derry in college so I've no idea what the story is with that sort of industry in galway atm

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Hey, are you doing the multimedia degree at Magee? I I did that degree (it was called Interactive Multimedia Design at the time but was renamed) and now work in Galway as a freelancer - PM me a portfolio and I'll see what I can do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

SAP took me for 6 months no problem and when I went back a few months ago to do a project I was offered a job straight away if I wanted so might be worth your while getting in touch, great place to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Fidelity Investments have a graduate program that they run each year which is excellent. They Basically train you up too on many areas of the IT world and offer careers here in Ireland or the states afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

You could also try Avaya (formerly Nortel). Over the years, they have taken on quite a few on placement from McGee. Not sure now though since they've been taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

In my experience opportunities in Galway seem quite limited at the moment. Admittedly, that's based on observations in my area only (software development).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

@stunt penguin
    Hi, I'm actually doing the Multimedia Computer Games degree :)
    When I get a proper portfolio of design work together (sometime this week) I'll be sure to pm you thanks :)

@harryd2 thanks for the link but that seems to be more related to business/finance students

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DRakE wrote: »
    @harryd2 thanks for the link but that seems to be more related to business/finance students

So long as your anyway decant at IT in general and have a knowledge of SQL you'd be in with a good chance. It's definately IT related so would probably satisfy you

Advertisement