Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning a DVD

Options
  • 17-03-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have a Dell Studio Laptop.

When a burn a DVD of videos from a camcorder - they work fine as a DVD on a computer. But when I play them as a DVD in a regular DVD player it doesnt work.

Anyone know why this is or how to fix it. I want to be able to use the DVD films I burn on a regular DVD and TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'm pretty sure that video from a PC needs to be 'authored' correctly in order for it be played on a standalone DVD player. I use NERO to do this (I don't know of any free software that can do it). I'm open to correction on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbloggs

DVD Flick will let you encode your video files to DVD Video Files (VOBs etc) and burn them onto blank DVD media which will play on any standalone DVD player...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Actually, even using the built in Windows DVD maker will do this, and its very easy, step by step for creating menu's etc

This is assuming you're using Windows of course...

I take it your pulling the movies files from the camcorder, then burning the movie files directly to the DVD? This is in essence creating a data disk, NOT a 'DVD Movie'.

Advertisement