Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best screen for photoshop. Budget of €500

Options
  • 17-03-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for the best screen from a budget of €500 for photoshop work. Was looking at dell ultrasharp 2408 but seem to be sold out everywhere now :(

Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/ is a good place to start
    - it has reviews and explanations of all the technical terms that go with monitors. It also talks a bit about calibrating your monitor.

I have a HP LP2275W which is the 22" version of the HP LP2475W which I'm very happy with.
    The LP2475W seems to be highly recommended and can be got for €497 delivered from Elara.ie

Have a look at these reviews from
    TrustedReviews and TFT Central

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That HP seems to be a very good all-round panel :) Not many H-IPS panels can be used for graphics/DTP and gaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Thanks for those links

have been looking at the Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA which is €422 from dell but only €285 to €300 delievered from several UK stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hey hey,
    Just wondering if you bought a new screen yet?

I'm in search of a new monitor too and have got it down to HP LP2475W & the Dell U2410 - both of which are the same panel. I'd love to hear if you or anybody else has any input on these two!!

Cheers!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the lower end dell monitors are pretty awful for photography... 600 mark is where they get good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

the lower end dell monitors are pretty awful for photography... 600 mark is where they get good...

That's pretty much bang on where these are buddy :)
    So many reviews saying they're both brilliant... toughy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbloggs

You might want to also have a look at the soon to be released HP ZR24w, £329.99 should be on sale by the end of this month...

Also for reviews have a look at PRAD

Advertisement