Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cartoon Network-Nickelodeon

Options
  • 17-03-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Nostalgia Alert!...Remember the hey-day of awesome cartoonage on CN and Nickelodeon?, what was your favourite?

Gotta be Cow And Chicken for me:D
    Cow_and_chicken_4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Isn't this more suited for 90's babies?? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Hey Arnold!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hey Arnold!

Move it, Football-head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Last I remember, Nickelodeon was only on until noon before the channel changed to Eurosport. I had no idea what that was about but none of us ever watch it anyway.

Cartoon Network ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Move it, Football-head!

I wish they still showed Hey Arnold. ):

And Doug, Doug was great. Especially Pork Chop. (:

Awwwhhhh...

porkchop.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Rugrats was far superior.

Before they introduced new babies and sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

We never had Nickelodeon or Cartoon Netowrk; I had to rely on The Den for cartoons. :(

*cries over traumatic childhood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Disney Channel anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Hotaru wrote: »
    Disney Channel anyone?
    ricreazione.jpg

FTW!

jumpguy wrote: »
    Recess![/IMG]

FTW!

Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven <3

• Advertisement

Hotaru wrote: »
    Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven <3
    Whut? I never watched any of them, they're for girrls, ewww!

I only watched it cause Miranda was hot, okay? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I never had Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon but my nanny did and visiting her used to be great got to watch all them random things.. Cartoon Netork was far more superior the Nickelodeon back in the day...
    Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, there was the Den, and some other cartoon channel. It was on NTL around the 80's/90's. Forget what it was, though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I had them ALL! Best of all of them was "The Weekenders". I reckon it influenced my humour even to this day. Very "Scrubs" for kids. Excellent stuff.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I had them ALL! Best of all of them was "The Weekenders". I reckon it influenced my humour even to this day. Very "Scrubs" for kids. Excellent stuff.

Completely forgot about the show! Excellent stuff.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

it was a bit before my time even,but does anyone remember the wombles? the theme tune was possibly my first addiction to anything

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<3 YOUTUBE

<video>

You, meet me at Scott's for dinner! Or at least call me back ffs!

I loved that too! Ahh lads...the ole nostalgia. Looking at that YouTube clip I cringed...in delight. SNACKAGE!!!! :pac:

The greatest cartoon ever was, for the record;

• Advertisement

Meh. Airwolf, MacGyver, A-Team and Knight Rider did me for the weekend. X-files were for some weekday night, along with Star Trek.

And for all other times, there was Kenan & Kel, Saved by the Bell, The Bill, and some weird Ozzie soaps.

Boy Meets World! Smart Guy! Sister Sister!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

GO HOME ROGER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

The greatest cartoon ever was, for the record;

Dogtanion was my favourite aswell!! <3<3<3...the theme tune rocked!! Much love for that show!:) No one ever remembers it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I never had CN so I was a Nickelodeon kid. So many awesome shows though. Clarissa, Keenan & Kel, Sister sister and then the cartoons. Real monsters, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. Airwolf, MacGyver, A-Team and Knight Rider did me for the weekend. X-files were for some weekday night, along with Star Trek.

And for all other times, there was Kenan & Kel, Saved by the Bell, The Bill, and some weird Ozzie soaps.
    WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?

Dogtanion was my favourite aswell!! <3<3<3...the theme tune rocked!! Much love for that show!:) No one ever remembers it either!

True. A forgotten great.

I think it was probably a year or two before everyone got Nickelodeon though. I remember one of my mates having Sky when we were wee lickle things in school and being the only person anybody knew with Nickelodeon. It was like crack back then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was one of the people who only had nickelodeon until noon as well, we always hoped it would stay. Cartoon network all the time though.

Was watching a load of Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken and Dexter's Laboratory a while ago <3

Excellent show. I do believe that there was a film about it? Or at least a cartoon film?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

it was a bit before my time even,but does anyone remember the wombles? the theme tune was possibly my first addiction to anything

REMEMBER YOU'RE A WOMBLE!

You inspired me to look this video up. I haven't seen it since I was a wain - you don't know what joy you've induced upon me!

Advertisement