Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Selection of portfolio Pics

• 17-03-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So my submission date for iadt is in less than a week and I am doing my final selection process.

I have spent the last few months or so either working on new pics and projects or trying to get an idea in my head of what I need to include.
    I have spent a lot of time talking to lecturers in college and its been great. However I am hoping for some other points of view as I very much doubt that I am the only one but I am having last minute jitters and while I am starting to have a strong idea of what will be going into the portfolio I think asking for some feed back from people will be helpful.

More than anything else I am just looking for, lets say, people's top 10 of what I have in my portfolio set at the moment. I need 27 and there are 43 or something in there.
    Its too late at this stage to work on new photos or redoing anything now so I am just hoping that people will be willing to just give me their thoughts on whats there and which they like the best.
    Its more for my own reassurance that I am picking the right ones.

If anyone wants to suggest any pics I have not included that would be great but I dont expect anyone to troll through all my pics, there are lots there. :)

Here is the set:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dararobinson/sets/72157623515020139/

there are a tonne in there and I am only going to use 27 of them. But a simple top 10 or top 5 would be great. Unless you want to do a top 27 lol :D but seems like a lot of work to ask ppl to do

Thanks for any feedback, all is welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey!

I had a look, and there are a few stand outs for me:

Golden Stones
    Custom House reshot
    Yellow Sunset Benidorm
    Powerscourt Fall 2
    Powerscourt Tree

best of luck!!

Zo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thanks zoegh,

Funny, a lot of the advice I was getting was telling me to use my older stuff more. And its what I am going to do I'm thinking

Anyone else have any feedback? plz :D

Actually, anyone have any thoughts on pics that I should not bother using also tell me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Just went through all the photos and rated them.
    Sent ya a PM, hope it helps a bit :)

Thanks kjt, got your PM.

Thanks so much for all that. As I said in my PM to you I spent around an hour with one of my lecturers this morning consulting on my ideas for my portfolio and what you mailed me if very in tune with what we decided. And that is very reassuring for me as it means that I am going in the right direction.
    btw, thanks so much as you basically went though all my pics lol much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Glad it helped buddy, hope you get your course!!

• Advertisement

Ok, I think I am happy with what I have got. For anyone reading though this or anyone who PMed me or posted helping out this is what I have finalised. Might change tonight again when I over think it lol but so far this is what I have

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dararobinson/sets/72157623519827271/

I have some themes (and they are arranged in that order)

Portraits - (starts at the 1st one)
    The Scott Monument (is Edinburgh Scotland) - (Starts at the one with guy peeping through porthole)
    Landscapes - (Starts at custom house)
    Powerscourt - (Starts at waterfall)
    Shapes and forms - (Starts at Silver Wind)
    An Alternative view (Starts at Best Friend)

Thanks to anyone who gave feedback, it was genuinly helpful.

P.S: Not printing till Monday so any more advice is welcome as I will be spending the weekend over-thinking this whole thing I am sure lol :rolleyes:

Advertisement