Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

probable scam -text

Options
  • 17-03-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Got a few texts from this number recently +35360642048, asking me to call them. Then they explain how to return a call:rolleyes:

I assume scam and have ignored. Anyone else get this text or recognise the number (not on google yet, though I have reported it )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

It sounds like one of those messages mobile companies allow users to send when they are out credit, but don't recognise that as a mobile number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'd say you got a missed call from that number and your network is sending that text, I know vodafone and Meteor offer that service

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ring the number back from a pay phone and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

I mine something like that before for me..
    the explaination on how to return a call, made me suspicious.. think it was a scam

Advertisement