Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiatus Hernia

Options
  • 17-03-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm wondering if there is anybody out there who like me must take a tablet every day to stop reflux due to a hiatus hernia.

I take Lansoprazole which I believe is known as a proton-pump inhibitor. From the web it looks like this drug is available over the counter in the US

Does anybody know of any other cure, has anybody tried surgery? I hate the idea of taking a drug daily this for the rest of my life.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

have you asked your doctor about other treatment options?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've had the surgery done and couldn't be happier.

More about it on this thread. I recommend you have a good chat with your GP about the different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pure Top

Thanks for response and the link, very useful.

I have been through a battery of tests with a consultant in St James, tubes down the nostril twice and wore the tester for a day.

I was put on the tablets a year ago.

Glad to hear that surgery was successful. I was given to believe it was kind of a last resort.

I'm going back as I'm fed up with the tablets and suffer from very annoying salty taste in the mouth.

Can you tell me a little about the surgery please.

Bye for now

Advertisement